487-489

Chapter 487: Miss Ning Li

As soon as the voice rang out, everyone was shocked and immediately turned back to look.

The one who had spoken was actually Old Master Gu!

He did not know when he had come over, but Old Madam Gu was also there.

Gu Siyang stood beside Old Madam Gu as he looked at Zhong Haoqi as if he was a retard, with a hint of sympathy.

Tsk.

Why did this person have to look for Ning Li?

It also just had to be the horse that his grandfather had gifted to her!

Wasn’t he just making things difficult for himself?

Zhong Haoqi was also feeling confused. He had a feeling that Old Master Gu’s words were not friendly. The arrogance from before disappeared instantly, leaving only nervousness and uneasiness in his heart.

“Old Master Gu?”

Was he... speaking up for Ning Li?

Old Master Gu’s face darkened.

After the first round of the competition had ended, he had seen that Number 9 had won first place. He remembered that this was the horse that he had given to Ning Li yesterday, and could not help but admire her for her good taste.

In the past, Yinyin had always been able to pick the best one at a glance.

Whenever she had placed a bet, nine out of ten would always win.

Old Madam Gu had also been very happy. She had wanted to get someone to invite Ning Li over. On one hand, she wanted to congratulate her, and on the other hand, she wanted to talk to her more.

However, the people below had come back and reported that Miss Ning Li had met with some trouble.

Gu Siyang had volunteered himself, intending on helping to solve the problem himself. In the end, Old Master and Old Madam Gu had insisted on coming along as well.

Since he could not persuade them otherwise, he had brought them here directly.

Who knew that they would meet with such a situation?

Zhong Haoqi sensed that something was wrong.

Old Master Gu’s expression was really–

He quickly tried to explain.

“Old Master Gu, Old Madam Gu, please don’t misunderstand. I just wanted to ask her to sell Number 9 to me. I don’t have any other intentions.”

If the Gu family thought that he was deliberately causing trouble in their territory, that would be troublesome!

“All I said was that she could raise the price as she pleases! As long as–”

Old Master Gu interrupted him and said coldly, “She likes this horse very much. Why would she agree to sell it to you?”

Zhong Haoqi was stunned.

These words... Why did these words sound so wrong?

Everyone who was around was also stunned.

Since Ning Li had bought this horse in advance, she must have liked it very much.

But Old Master Gu’s tone–

Old Madam Gu looked at Ning Li.

She was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and white shoes today. Her long, wavy hair was tied into a ponytail at the back of her head, revealing her slender and fair neck.