LIE DETECTOR

"So Hobi hyung, have you ever been in love?" Jimin asked and everyone thought that the answer would be 'no' and Namjoon is so sure about it because they both are best friends for years and Hobi would have told him, if there is one.

"Yes, but there is more than one" Hobi said and everyone's mouth fell open hearing that their sweet and innocent, sunshine has also someone, no no, more than one? And the lie detector didn't beep? That means he is saying the truth?

"Mo-more than one?" Jimin asked deadpanned. Namjoon stayed there like a statue, not believing a single word.

"Yes, it's actually six 'cause I love all of you guys" they looked at Hobi, bewildered.

"Oh my god, you gave me a heart attack idiot" Namjoon punched him and all his friends did too.

"Why didn't the lie detector work though?" Hobi asked and everyone has the same question in their mind.

"Because Hobi hyung is calm and his way of thinking about the question is different. By staying as calm as possible, you can prevent many major spikes in your physiological responses-"

"-lie detectors usually measure things like blood pressure, changes in a person's breathing, and sweating on the palms. So, you can trick it, if you can control the question in your mind by thinking it's the truth." Jimin explained.

"Wow, you are really smart" Namjoon praised and Jimin chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, it's just a simple theory"

"Now that we know this device is not trust worthy, be honest and say the truth. Don't you dare tell a lie." Jin warned and everyone visibly gulped. Angry Jin is very dangerous and it's better not to take chances. So, all of them nodded like obedient children.

"Now it's your turn hyung, do you love someone?" Jimin asked Yoongi, who sat next to Hobi.

"I don't know if these feelings means something and I'm not sure about it, but I think I'm falling for someone" Yoongi hesitatingly said. Now this is a really big news. Grumpy old grandpa likes someone too.

The beans are spilling and grilling today, the friends they thought that they knew everything about are confessing the truths and they can't even say that they were shocked. And out of all them, Yoongi too?

Now it's time for Jin to be mad at his best friend, but he has a better plan though. He might have an idea of who it might be and he decided to tease Yoongi—as a punishment— for hiding it from him.

"You do? You really love someone?" Jin asked trying to be as surprised as possible.

"I told you, I'm not sure"

"Don't tell me it's him" Namjoon said and everyone gasped in understanding.

"It's who?" Jimin asked

"PJM" Namjoon said and Jimin yelled a 'what?!'.

"Lately, he is been so obsessed with the singer. He wouldn't stop bragging about how he knows everything that PJM has ever posted. He would even win a biggest fan award if there is a competition."

"-he will play the same song over and over until midnight. He won't let me sleep and even sings in the shower. We got warnings for playing loud music in the dorm rooms. He is becoming unbarable. He even wrote a letter to PJM last week. Did you write about your feelings too?"

"It's not him. Ofcourse, I love PJM but it's not the way you thought. I just love him as a singer and me as his fan, not as a person" okay, this is next level shocking news, if it isn't PJM then who?

"Then who is it?" Namjoon asked and Yoongi became red at the thought of the person in his heart. And it's time for Jin to begin his revenge game, so he decided to embarrass his best friend even more.

"Is he in this room?" Jin asked and all the friends are surprised by Jin's question. Yoongi froze with eyes wide open. He is not ready for this. By his reaction Jin confirmed his doubt.

"Yes"

"The tea is getting hot" Tae exclaimed.

"But don't ask me anymore, I not ready for this" Yoongi sighed, he didn't thought he will be exposed like this but things are already out of hands and he can't do anything about it. He should have said no instead of being honest but he can't lie to his friends.

Even if he didn't say the name, his friends already understood who it is. They aren't best friends for no reason. By putting the pieces together they found out who is the one. Jimin still doesn't know but being a generous person he is, he thought not to push it, when Yoongi himself, is still not sure of his feelings.

"Now it's your turn Tae, do you?" Hobi asked.

"Y-yeah, I like someone" Tae said blushing but didn't expect this reaction from his friends. No one but Yoongi is surprised because everyone knows who it is. Isn't it obvious?

They decided not to ask any questions further, looking at Jungkook's state. He is suffering and it's heart breaking to see the younger like this. But there is always an oblivious Yoongi to make it worse.

"Is he here?" Yoongi asked and Tae nodded blushing even harder. Jimin cooed at his cute best friend and ruffled his hair.

"Okay then, what about you, Jimin?" Jin asked and Jimin's smile literally fell off. His expression changed in an instant and his hand that is on Tae's shoulder started trembling. Tae panicked, noticing it and was quick to react.

"Chim, babe, can you pop some more corn, I'm still hungry" Tae asked standing and pulling Jimin up, Jimin silently nodded and walked towards the kitchen. When Jimin disappeared into kitchen, Tae sighed and dropped back in his place.

His friends are confused with the sudden change in Jimin's face. They watched Tae panick like something bad is going to happen and didn't understand why. They looked at Tae, waiting for an answer.

"Don't ask him anything about his life or his family, he is sensitive about it."

"Why? What happened?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me everything but all that I know is, Jimin is an orphan and his family died when he is fourteen. When I first asked him the details, he didn't want to tell me but I forced him a little and he had a panick attack-"

"-I was scared and took him to hospital. It took a week for him to recover. Later he asked me not to talk about his family, that he had a trauma. It's been a while but the topic still triggers him. So, please don't ask about those things, I hate to see him suffer again."

They nodded feeling bad for Jimin, even though they don't know what happened. They promised not to talk about it. When Jimin came back with popcorn bowl, they acted normal. They decided to stop the game and do something else.

Later, one by one, all of them started falling asleep in their places.

°•°•°•°•°

Sorry for the mistakes

Hope you liked the chapter and please take a little time to comment and vote. It'll give a boost to my writing energy.

Thankyou lovelies 💜