A DECISION

Jimin blinked his eyes open to an empty room and beeping sound of the cardiac monitors. He squirmed a little trying to awaken his body from it's slumber state. He espied his surroundings, realising he was on a hospital bed.

He tried to lift his body and drag himself into a sitting position but it was difficult when his body is used to stay limp in bed for a week. He was about to fall back when a nurse came rushing to him. She helped him sit properly and called the doctor.

When the nurse tried to call his friends, Jimin stopped her and requested not to tell anyone about him waking up. After doctor checked him and told that he was perfectly fine and can even go home tomorrow, Jimin asked him to make his discharge today and now itself.

He took his phone which he found in the bedside stand and dialled a number that he rarely does.

"Jimin? What happened? I've been trying to contact you for last four days. Where have you been?" A panicked voice yelled from the other side. Jimin held his phone away from his ears to save his ear drums from the other's screaming.

"Nayeon, keep it down, will you? My ears will explode if you keep shouting like that" Jimin complained after hearing the girl stopped yelling a little.

"Well then, don't give me heart attacks by disappearing suddenly. You know how that makes me feel" Nayeon was still shouting into the phone despite caring about Jimin's complaints. Jimin brushed his hair as he sighed and heard the girl throwing tantrums about how he never cared about her and how irresponsible he is.

"If you are done giving me a lecture, I need you to help me with something" Jimin cutt off her unending list of complaints which pointed to everything Jimin has to do with his existence.

Nayeon gasped loudly, that made Jimin roll his eyes at what is to come next. "You want my help? The great PJM, the mysterious angel wants a mere humans help? How did it come to this?" She dramatically exasperated and Jimin wants nothing but to flick her forehead. "Anyway, What do you want me to help you with?"

"I'm in a hospital and before you overreact, don't worry I'm fine and we'll talk about it later but I want you to come and help me check out." Jimin said with a calm tone which he knew would help the girl feel a little better from worrying. He asked the nurse for the hospital adress and his room number and told her.

"Okay I'll be there in a few" Nayeon hurriedly said and Jimin could hear her already running out of her apartment before she ended the call. He is glad that he has Nayeon when things get difficult for him. He asked the nurse to help him with the discharge prosess to leave the hospital as quickly as possible.

The nurse frowned when Jimin still refused to let his friends know that he is awake. Why does he not want them to know? The nurse saw his friends crying over his unconscious self every day and she can tell by the way they cared for him, they will definitely be happy to hear he is awake but that's none of her business. So, she just did as Jimin requested. As long as he paid the bills, then it's fine for them.

After a good long ten minutes, Nayeon came to the hospital and by the time she arrived, Jimin packed his stuff in his bag to be ready to leave as soon as possible. He saw Nayeon at the large hall near the reception where he asked her to wait. Nayeon ran to him when she saw him walking towards her and hugged the life out of him.

Jimin could tell that she cried and she is scared. He hugged her back as he assured her, he is perfectly fine now and she has nothing to worry about. Nayeon let him go after what seemed like forever and she wiped her tears away. She hit Jimin's shoulder so lightly but Jimin had to do the drama of feeling extreme pain because there is now way he is getting out with a small slap. She is definitely going to kill him sooner.

"You do this to me, everytime, Jimin. Everytime! Is it that hard to tell me you are admitted into a hospital? Why do you always behave like you have no one?" Nayeon is getting more and more angry at the thought of Jimin being in the hospital for a week and she doesn't even know about it.

"I'm sorry Yeonnie, I didn't got the time to tell you but, now, how about we get out of hear first and talk about it later. Being in hospital is making me more sick than I actually am" Jimin whined and Nayeon nodded immediately.

She ran to the reception and filled in the details of being Jimin's guardian and paid the bills. She came back to Jimin with a smile on her face as she linked his arms, clinging onto him.

"Strawberry or mint chocolate?" She asked Jimin and laughed when Jimin scrunched up his nose in disgust. "Okay then, strawberry it is" she said as she pulled Jimin with her and out of the hospital.

They walked to a silver Kia Sorento that's parked in the backyard's parking lot of the hospital. Jimin threw his bag in the back seat as he sat in the passenger seat beside Nayeon. She started the engine and soon they drove off from the hospital totally missing the six males sitting just at a visible distance away from the parking lot.

-

"How do you even eat that? It feels like eating a chocolate dipped in toothpaste" Jimin ew at the girl who is devouring her mint chocolate ice-cream. They are at an ice-cream parlour which is their favourite and has best flavoured icecreams of all time.

"Don't you dare insult my mint chocolate. If you don't like it then don't eat it. It is that simple." Nayeon grabbed the icecream cup close to her as if she is protecting it.

"I honestly don't understand why people like you even exist" Jimin sighed as he took a tiny scoop of his strawberry icecream and ate it.

"It's alright dummy Jimmy Chimmy, don't stress your pea brain over it" she smiled at Jimin but that was anything but a smile.

"You are calling me a pea brain? Fine then, let's hear our grades from the last semester exams. I think I should go first because isn't it obvious my grades are always A+ and I think I don't have to remind you, I am a top student. Now, what about your grades Yeonnie?" Jimin raised an eyebrow at the girl, teasingly.

"Leave me out of this grades shit, I'm doing a favour to my brain and letting it rest as much as it wants. I don't want to go crazy from studying some stupid stuff which will most definitely have no use in the future" Nayeon said as she huffed at the teasing male. Jimin just laughed at the cute pouting girl infront of him.

"Enough of little diversions Jim. I know there is something wrong, I can tell. Now, tell me what happened and why you are admitted into a hospital" Nayeon suddenly turned all serious, ready to throw hands at who ever hurt her one and only best friend.

Jimin did a good job hiding it all under his cheerful facade until now. He tried to hide his pain and hurt of betrayal from showing. Which obviously didn't work for his friend, Nayeon, who has seen him growing through all the stages of his life. He couldn't trick her because she knew him too well.

When Jimin woke up to an empty room, all the things that happened before he lost consciousness, came crashing down on him. The amount of pain he felt in his chest, made him cry silently. The betrayal and the stabs of the harsh words his friends threw at him, all felt like fresh bleeding wounds.

The last thing Jimin wanted to hear were the words they effortlessly said that hurt his heart. He returned happily to tell them everything on his own. He wanted to see how happy his friends will be once they hear that Jimin is going to be a member of their group, that he will also be a part of their dream coming true.

But never did he thought, he will be welcomed by a group of people that were ready to judge him without knowing anything and decided to call him names for hiding away from his healing wounds and worst fears.

Jimin smiled, but the pain in his eyes says he is hurting a lot more than to just cry. He told everything to Nayeon as she held back patiently and heard everything before going to the boys and throwing hands at them.

By the end of the talk, Jimin let a big fat tear escape his eyes after holding it back for a long time— with a smile still on his face. Just one single tear, and Nayeon knows what that means. What that painful smile of Jimin says. That he is letting go of everything and they are going to loose Jimin, forever and it is clear that his decision was made.