TASTES LIKE COFFEE

Soft snores filled the room as everyone is sleeping peacefully. Jin and Namjoon cuddled up in one couch, as Jimin and Yoongi ended up in another. While Hobi, Tae and Jungkook slept on the floor.

Jungkook have been shuffling and squirming, he woke up to the snoring Hobi beside him. Their legs were tangled up together, he slowly removed his legs, careful not to wake the other.

He searched for his phone and looked at the time, it's 2 in the morning. He got up, took a spare key from the draw after putting on his shoes and walked out of the room.

Corridors were calm and no one is outside, everyone must be sleeping. Who would roam around in the middle of the night? Jungkook would, he does this sometimes. Whenever he couldn't sleep, he'll take a walk outside. He goes to the small park behind their dorm rooms and watch the moon and stars. It's a habit of his, to relax his mind.

Jungkook went to the park and sat on a bench. He looked at sky and the cresent moon, that's shining upon him. He felt refreshing but shivered when a cold breeze hit his exposed neck.

"This is why you should wear thick clothes while roaming in the cold nights" a voice said as they covered Jungkook with a brown furry coat and draped a brungundy woollen scarf around his neck.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?"

"I followed you" Tae shrugged and sat beside him. "What are you doing here?" He asked the younger who just sighed.

"Can't sleep"

"Mhmm" Tae hummed as he leaned back on to the bench. He looked at the dark grey sky covered with twinkling stars and a bright crescent moon. A smile appeared on his lips at the beautiful scenery.

Jungkook has already lost his world in Tae's soft, brown eyes. Moon, stars and the night sky were long gone. Why look at little things when there is a whole galaxy in Taehyung's eyes.

"Are you just going to stare at me? I thought you were here to watch the night sky?" Tae asked, raising a brown at the younger, though he wanted to laugh at the startled boy, he held it in.

"I-I'm n-not sta-staring at y-you" Jungkook stuttered as he abruptly turned his head to the other side, not wanting to meet with Taehyung's eyes. He got caught red handed, what's the use of lying though? Don't ask me, ask Kookie.

"Relax Kookie, I'm just teasing you" Tae chuckled as he ruffled Jungkook's hair and stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Just wait here, I'll be back" Tae said and walked out of the park. After a few minutes he came back with two packed paper cups in his hands.

"Here, have this. Coffee is the best companion on late nights" Tae handed to Jungkook, the coffee he bought.

Not as best as you. Jungkook so badly wanted to say that but he didn't.

They sat in silence, holding their hot coffee cups in their hands, warming them. Taking a sip now and then while enjoying the peaceful night.

It's been minutes and none of them spoke. Jungkook just enjoyed this moment of silence, stealing few glances at Tae and smiling to himself for getting this chance to spend some time with the older. But Tae decided to speak his mind.

"Kookie" Tae called the younger who is smiling at his feet, while drawing hearts in the sand with his toes. He raised his head to look at the older.

"Do you remember the day we all went to Hobi hyung's party?" Tae asked.

"That was three months ago. But I do remember, why?

"Do you remember everything? The part that you got drunk that night?"

"Yeah, those idiots, BamBam and Eunwoo tricked me with alcohol mixed coke. I shouldn't have trusted them" Jungkook pouted and older chuckled at him.

"Do you remember anything after you got drunk?" Jungkook is confused to why Tae is asking these questions all of a sudden. Did something happen that day? He couldn't remember anything the later day.

Everything blacked out of he got drunk and when he opened his eyes the next day, he is in his room. When he asked Jin—his roommate—what happened and how did he get to the room? Jin said, Tae brought him home since he was drunk.

He went to thank Tae that evening but Tae didn't say about anything happened. They just had a normal talk like every day. But why is he asking about it now? After three months?

"No? The only thing I remembered is drinking and waking up in the next afternoon. I don't remember anything in the middle." He said and Taehyung just nodded, turning his attention back to the sky.

"Why are you asking about that now?"

"We came here that day. You ran all the way here and I had to chase you because you were really drunk and fell on your face several times, tripping on your own feet" Tae smiled and looked at the younger who is red in embarrassment.

"That day-" Tae took a long pause observing the youngers face, if remembered anything—before he continued. Jungkook was just watching him, still not understanding where this was going. "we kissed"

They what? Wait a tiny whiny minute, when did this happen? Let's talk about the details later. We should first check on Jungkook's heart. Someone get me a sethescope, I have to check. This baby is froze in his place.

"What? How?" Those were the only words that left his mouth. Jungkook is shocked, his brain stopped functioning. His doe eyes went wide, his parted lips were quivering in nervousness. How can he make a mistake like that? What if Tae is mad at him? What if Tae doesn't want to talk to him anymore?

"Do you really want me to explain?" Tae asked as he moved closer to Jungkook. He stared into the youngers eyes, his gaze slowly fell on to youngers glossy pink lips. Jungkook gulped under the olders steady gaze as he slightly nodded his head.

"You asked for it" Tae said as he pulled the younger closer by his waist and kissed his lips.
Kiss was small yet gentle, just for three seconds but that's enough time to make them go crazy.

"Mmm.. you lips still tastes like coffee" Tae said as he licked his lips. Jungkook was flustered by the sudden action, he didn't even blink, just starting at the older, surprised. What just happened?

"Huh?" What coffee? Wait did we just kissed? Fuck, he really did kiss me. Jungkook blinked, batting his curly lashes repeatedly when reality hit him. Blush creeped to his cheeks as his face turned to a tomato red.

"This is how it happened"

"What?"

"I said, this is how, the kiss happened that day. Didn't you ask me to do it?"

"When did I ask you to kiss me? I told you to explain not to demonstrate. Why did you do that?" Jungkook yelled as he hid his blushing face in his palms.

"You know, you are looking so cute right now" Tae teased him more.

"Stop it!"

"What? You are really looking cute"

"Hyung~" Jungkook whined as Tae laughed.

°•°•°•°•°

Sorry for the mistakes

Hope you liked the chapter and please take a little time to comment and vote. It'll give a boost to my writing energy.

Thankyou lovelies 💜