Chapter 2: The Friend In Disguise

Taehyung, who never doubted his senses because they never let him down, was doubting his eyes right now. The guy holding him right up against the wall was hissing and Taehyung knew those teeth are not... humane...

He opted for sanity though, and concluded that he was just tired and his mind was all mushy because of the events at the hospital today, a guy almost bleeding to death on his lap while he tried so hard to stop the bleeding. Also he was hungry, didn't have a minute to rest or eat the whole day. Yeah, that was it.

His eyes picked up another silhouette in the darkness behind the mysterious, but very muscly, man that was holding him. The man probably sensed another presence because he tightened the grip he has on Taehyung. He leaned in, so close that Taehyung's knees felt weak from the scent the man was emitting, "Mark my words, little one, I will be back for you. And tell your witch, to stop bothering. You can't hide anymore. You have a part of me in you."

Before Taehyung could answer, a sweet smell of applepie surrounded him, and darkness followed.

When he opened his eyes, the first thing he was greeted with was his best friend's worried eyes. "Taehyung-ah!" He threw his body on him, "you scared me for a second there! Please don't ever do this to me again." He whined, his voice muffled by Taehyung's clothes.

"It's called fainting, my dear Jimin-ah," he caressed his hair and giggled slightly, his chest vibrating under Jimin's head, "I have no control over it, you know."

Jimin raised his head, eyes squinting while looking at his dearest friend, and roommate. "Don't be a smartass, you know what I mean. When they called me from the hospital to ask for you because they couldn't find a patient's file, and couldn't reach your phone, do you know how much I panicked? I run out, in this rain, with my slippers." He took a deep breath, leaned in very close to Taehyung's face, "IN. MY. SLIPPERS. TAEHYUNG. MY LITTLE PUPPY SLIPPERS."

He pointed to the now ruined slippers next to the door, pouting, "You owe me new ones". Taehyung slowly pushed him away from him and got up, taking his bloody shirt off while yawning, "okay, okay, I will get you two pairs, how about that?" he yelled while locking the bathroom door. "You better!" he heard Jimin's loud voice, along with the pillow that hit the closed door.

He started thinking about tonight's events, while he stayed under the shower. His eyes closed, letting the water run down his head, shoulders, chest, all the way to his toes. He run his hand on his now wet hair, letting out a deep breath.

All he could see behind his closed eyelids were the deep, dark eyes of that man, the shiny jewelry, the sharp teeth, his smell... oh, his smell... Taehyung shook his head. Who was that man? He never saw him there, it was clear he is not from this neighborhood. He also never saw him at the hospital.

Was he an addict who took a drug that made him say all that nonsense? What did he mean by "you are mine"? And that he will be back for him? And who the hell is this witch he mentioned? Was that an alias? Is this man a criminal?

(continue with: Peter Gundry - Bury My Heart
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-gi_adNb7U )

Taehyung groaned, feeling like he is losing his control and opened his eyes. After washing himself clean from all the blood and hospital smell, and trying so hard to get that man's scent off of the places he touched him, and finally giving up, he went to his room. He paced around a little, looked at the mirror to see the man's fingerprint's on his neck. He run his fingers there, it didn't hurt but it gave him chills. Sighing, he laid on the bed.

After a while of overthinking, he called for Jimin. He came in, knocking once, and just letting himself in. "I made you my special tea you like so much, here, get up and drink a little." He opened his eyes and sat on his bed, getting the cup from Jimin's hand, and Jimin slowly sat on the edge of the bed.

The sun was coming up, so Jimin could easily see his friend's concerned face. "What is it? Are you not feeling well?" Taehyung took a sip from the tea, groaning at the amazing way it tasted. Jimin really was an expert when it came to teas. He then shook his head, taking another sip, and closing his eyes.

The man's eyes greeted him again and his deep voice rang in his ears. "you are mine." "tell your witch, to stop bothering..." "you can't hide."

"Jimin-ah, was there someone in the alley when you found me?" he was looking intently to his best friend, watching his every move, every little move of his muscles.

He noticed how Jimin's breath hitched, how his eyes got slightly bigger, how his left eyebrow moved up, just for a moment. If Taehyung didn't know him this well, he wouldn't notice the tiny details. But he did, he knew him better than he knew himself.

So when Jimin put his hand behind his neck and his eyes slightly went to Taehyung's left side before uttering his words, Taehyung knew. "No, Taetae, you were all alone, lying on the floor. I got so worried, you know." He put his hand on Taehyung's cheek.

"I see. Thank you for the tea, Jimin-ah, I will try to get some sleep now, yeah?" He gave a kiss to his cheek and Jimin left, whispering a small "sleep well, precious." Before closing the door.

But sleep avoided Taehyung. He was lying there, wide awake. Because he knew, that Jimin, his best friend, his roommate, the person he trusted more than himself, just lied to him.

~•~

thank you for reading 💜 please vote and comment, i would love to hear your thoughts lovelies.