Chapter 23: Look Me In The Eyes

(A/N: so I forgot to add the song in this chapter wofjsj but I wrote it listening to https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHA8hyrTUQ  - KBS 콘서트 문화창고 57회 더로즈(The Rose) - ILYSB )

The morning sun was shining on Jungkook's closed eyes, making him squeeze them and turn on his side, covering his face with his blanket. A few seconds later, though, he slowly opened his eyes with a smile.
He let his bare feet touch the ground, felt the soft carpet underneath his toes, wiggling them a little, all the while the smile never left his lips; for he, was a man in love.

He got out of his king sized bed, making his way to the huge balcony doors he had in his room. He opened the curtains fully, gazing up ahead, to his beautiful town, to the valleys of lavender over the town's walls, to the mountains and forest. Somehow, everything seemed better in his eyes now. He couldn't contain the happiness he felt inside.

Slowly making his way to the bathroom to get washed up, his mind wondered to the beautiful brunet that was waiting for him. He decided to hurry, and got dressed in clean but simple clothes, not wanting to attract too many eyes.

He opened his balcony doors and let himself out, feeling the morning breeze on his face. He took a deep breath, even the oxygen tasted better now that he was in love. He chuckled at the thought. He made sure to disappear quickly from the palace grounds, not wanting to risk getting seen where he was going.

The guards were vampires like him, but he was the fastest one in the realm, so nobody could keep up with his movements. He was kind of (a lot) proud of that.

When he got closer to the fields outside of the town, on the outskirts of the mountains where not many houses were found, he stopped running and started walking at a normal pace. His eyes on the beautiful human being right in the middle of the lavender fields, head cast down, looking at something in his hands. When Jungkook focused, he could see his tongue peeking out of his cherry colored lips, and a hot flush run through the vampire prince's body. Damn, that tongue.

The human, seemingly unaware of the upcoming vampire, kept working on something in between his hands. He looked so beautiful just like that, Jungkook stopped a few yards away and just gazed fondly at him. The heart in his chest, which Jungkook was not even conscious of for thousands of years, beating so fast, making him feel like anything is possible as long as he got to see the human like this. Alive, and in front of him, looking as beautiful as the morning sun. No, looking even more beautiful than that. He took his breath away.

The morning sun on his ethereal face, a spring breeze caressing his brunette hair, making it look so, so soft, like the clouds in the bluest sky Jungkook had ever seen. He was sitting in the middle of millions of flowers, yet he somehow managed to look like he is the prettiest flower to ever bloom.

Jungkook couldn't just stand and stare any longer, so he made his way towards him. When the brunette felt the movement to his side, he lifted his head up, eyes locking with Jungkook's. He carefully placed down whatever he was holding, and got up on his feet. His clothes, a little baggy on his slender figure, but still so amazingly gorgeous, made him look so huggable.

He started running towards his vampire prince, careful not to hurt too many flowers on his way. But he couldn't really handle the distance between them anymore. He needed to hug him right now. Jungkook stopped, and opened his arms, letting his human run into his strong arms. "My Taehyungie..." he whispered, hugging him so close, hands tight on his waist, head buried in his lavender scented hair. "I missed you...".

Taehyung let out a giggle, the sweetest sound Jungkook has ever heard, and nuzzled to his neck where his arms were wrapped. After staying in each other's embrace for a few more seconds, Taehyung pulled back and took his hand. "Come, my Jungkookie, I made you something! And you came just in time when I finished!"