Chapter 17: Salvation

The sight in front of Jungkook made his scream get caught in his throat. He couldn't even voice it out. "No," he could only manage a whisper, "not again, please God, no."

Time stopped at that moment, nothing was moving except his legs. He run to his love, currently lying on the ground, next to a pool of blood, his heart beating so fast in his chest, breath coming out short.

"Tae! Tae please! You can't do this to me again, no-" and then, there was a moment when he realized the blood wasn't from Taehyung, but from the glass he was drinking from, he let out a sob, half relief, half still scared because Taehyung was unconscious.

His hands were all over the other's face, he was begging him to open his eyes. "Come on, you can't do this to me, losing you once in this life was enough, please just-" a small groan, and a gasp from the other made time start ticking again.

"Jungkook," the younger coughed, making the old one hug him close to his body, "you're okay, you're okay my treasure," he held him as close as he could, making sure to leave room for him to breathe.

After Jungkook calmed down from the thought of losing his fated one once again, he helped him get up and they both sat at the comfortable couch, Jungkook still holding on to him for dear life.

"What happened? I was gone for like, 15 minutes."
Taehyung knew he had to reveal what he knows to him. He doesn't know why he felt so embarrassed about it.

After fidgeting with his fingers and not giving out anything, the older took his hands into his, "Stop overthinking whatever it is, I can see smoke coming out of your brain Tae," he chuckled, "just tell me, yeah? If I don't know the problem, how can I help you fix it?"

Taehyung nodded, and took a deep breath. "I noticed... some things." But he didn't continue, he got up and run to his bedroom in a blink of an eye, closing the door behind him.

He was feeling such a shame because he felt like he was taking advantage of their closeness to figure out who he is. But his witch side was telling him that the damn spell they put on him was breaking down quickly thanks to the presence of Jungkook and the closeness they had.

After the older understood what happened he cursed, "Damn it Tae, making me regret showing you how to use your strengths right about now." He got up, and walked upstairs.

Just as he was about to knock on the door, Taehyung's voice stopped him. "You'll judge me for it. You'll think badly about me."

The way Jungkook rolled his eyes was, indeed, overly dramatic. "Tae, baby, I think I know you better than you know yourself right now. So please, let me in and explain to me. Because I'm..." he was worried. He was worried as hell and the image of him laying down in blood red made all the bad memories stir inside of him. He couldn't handle it again.

The door opened with a click, he knew Taehyung could still read his mind because he never denied the permission to him after that day, so he probably saw the images going through his head.

The younger just held his hand, and pulled him inside, seating them both on his bed. "I apologize, Jungkookie. I didn't mean to worry you like that. It wasn't a very pleasant sight to come back to, especially considering it was similar to the one that... happened ages ago."

Jungkook just nodded, and held him close once more.

"Okay so, I will explain, yeah?" Taehyung got up, he couldn't stay still when he was this nervous.

"A while ago, uh, the night I found you on your balcony," they both smiled at the memory, because that night was the first time he entered Jungkook's mind, "Actually no, before that," he kept pacing around, talking fast, "basically I- that night I was sure of it but even before that I noticed the difference, I was going to tell you but then things happened and when the memories were coming back so fast, there was never the right time and oh god I remembered some stuff about us and let me tell you I know what you meant when you said I was the shameless one because hello what was even that night in the palace library my god-"