Chapter 14: Golden Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MR3Y18wrM - Love Lost (Piano Version)

Taehyung's days were filled with remembering how to be a vampire and how to handle the memories he was getting hit with at random moments.

The more time he spent with Jungkook, the quicker and the more he remembered everything. He didn't know why, but he supposed it had something to do with the spell he was under.

Maybe the key to everything was being close to his... one true love.

His mind sometimes wandered off to his soulmate, his best friend, wondering what he is up to, how he is feeling; but the pain of being lied to lingered still, so he focused on the task at hand: remember everything, and put the puzzle pieces together.

After doing that, he was sure, he will be able to see the bigger picture. Find himself first, then solve every other problem that comes with remembering.

Jungkook was a huge help, and also a huge flirt, he noticed. He didn't mind though, his cute musing were what kept him grounded when the bad memories hit him. Basically the older vampire kept him entertained, but knew when to back off and be serious. He was there, to hold Taehyung's hand while he was trying to find out who he was, who he is.

Also his manners were impeccable, he was a true definition of a gentleman. The kind he read in books, or saw in movies. Taehyung thought that's what happens when you live thousands of years; you learn proper manners.

So many of his previous unanswered questions were getting answered, and all of the stuff that seemingly didn't seem to make any sense, started making sense. Like the reason why he was always kind of squeamish around too much blood, he discovered that it was his body telling him he's hungry, but he didn't know. Now, he does.

Or the fact that he knew something about everything, making other people think he lived like 10 lives. Well, he seemingly did. Changing places constantly, having lived in so many different countries and having learned so many different cultures... being alive for 200 years did that to you.

Even the fact that he never got sick made sense to him now, his immune system as a vampire was perfect.

The more he learned, the more he put the pieces together and the stones were finally set to their place. Once that is done, he is sure, he will find his place in this maze of a world as well.

***

On the third day of Taehyung leaving, Jimin finally managed to stop the tears. He was still in his bed, the blinds closed, he didn't even know what the time was, or how the weather was. It must be raining, from all the thunders he heard while sobbing under his sheets, he thought.

The pain of hurting his dearest friend lingered in every part of his body and it triggered the worst in him. Now, whenever he closed his eyes, he found himself in the lake he was tossed to drawn years ago.

Even sleep avoided him now, just like every single person in his life did.

He couldn't even blame them, because he was at fault every single time. At least, that's what he was made to believe.

Unable to close his eyes, tossing around for a bit, he turned to his side, his eyes catching two golden lights, like eyes, in the shadows.

Any other person, or a witch, or a vampire, would tremble when they see those golden eyes in the dark . But not him, not Jimin. Because he knew. He knew the other like he knew himself. Maybe even better than himself.

His strength was almost gone, he barely moved his body up, resting his back and head on the headboard. The mint haired creature made his way out of the shadows, a black aura still surrounding him.

He got closer to Jimin, the witch not even blinking, scared that if he did, the other would vanish.
"My beautiful witch," he said, while sitting down next to the other, but leaving a respectful distance between them.

The distance that made Jimin's body crawl with pain. A dull one, because it's been like this for way too long, so as sad as it was, he was used to it. Even though he wish he wasn't.

"Hi," he tried, but his voice came out strained. So clearing his throat, he tried once again, "hi,"
When Yoongi just kept looking at him, without saying anything, he decided to ask, "how come you're he-" "You called me, my witch. So I came." Jimin looked at him, confusion evident in his puffy but still cute face, "I called you?"

After hesitating for a few seconds, the powerful creature finally put Jimin's much smaller hands in his, "You were whispering my name in your sleep, so I'm here now." The words were said so slowly, so quietly, but it still echoed in the witch's brain.

"I was dreaming about the lake," he gulped, "I was probably screaming for help." He couldn't help a small tear slipping his eye, but before he could wipe it away, Yoongi slowly did so with his thumb.

"You know exactly what kind of a creature I am," his thumb was replaced by his palm now, cupping the other's cheek, "you know what I do, you know what I fight," his hand fell from Jimin's face, he got closer, "but the pain of seeing your tears is worse than having to fight an army of evil, my precious, beautiful witch."

The moment their foreheads touched, both of them sighed, closing their eyes. The shadowy aura around the man slowly disappeared, and Jimin felt like he could finally breathe again. Being closer to the person who feels like oxygen to his deprived lungs, felt like he was alive again. 

"Thank you," he whispered, careful not to be too loud so as to not break the beautiful bubble they were in right now, "You call my name, and I come," he could feel a small smile in the other's voice, but he didn't dare open his eyes, "that's how it works, my Jimin."

The way the other says his name made him shiver in a delicious way. It like a warm blanket wrapped around his lonely, cold body.

"Thank you," he said once again, making the other squeeze his hand a little, but there was no malicious intent, just a small teasing gesture, they both knew.

"Try thanking me one more time, and I will have to stop you," there it was, the voice he only used when he was talking to Jimin, so soft, so sincere. Nobody would be granted to hear this tone of his voice, nobody would witness the way he would hold and stare at Jimin.

Being able to finally breathe again after three days of struggling with his own demons, and a little bit of a stupid bravery, Jimin decided to push and tease a little more, "Tha-" but before he could utter the words, Yoongi closed the distance, and finally, connected their lips.

~•~

so I'm back with a little bit of Yoonmin, because we needed to know what's going on with out beloved witch, and his powerful creature of a friend (we all know he is so much more).

I hope you guys like this chapter, and if you do, please do let me know! ^-^ even if you don't, you can let me know, but do it gently please, I have a sensitive heart :( hehe <3

if you can vote and comment, and maybe suggest my story to the people around you, I'd really appreciate it!

thank you so, so much for clicking, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me! ^0^