Chapter 11: The Witches' Red String

Taehyung didn't know how to respond to that.
Jimin was always there for him, but learning that they are actually family was a different deal. Not in a bad way, if the situation was different. But this made the secrets he kept hurt even more.

And just when he learned he's a vampire, he now learns he's also half witch? His head feels dizzy.

How could they hide so many things from him? How was this even possible? How could he have been fooled like this?

He was a vampire, how could Jimin, his literal family, keep this a secret? And he what, erased his memory just because he could? How was that right?

He doesn't even know who he is because Jimin thought he was protecting him.
The thoughts were running wild in his mind. He doesn't remember ever feeling this utterly helpless and furious.

His hands started shaking, ears ringing. A heavy feeling on his chest, mouth dry.
He closed his eyes for a second, hoping he would calm down.
But the more he thought about it all, the angrier he got.

He dug his nails on his thighs, "How could you," he gritted through clenched teeth, "hide all of this from me?"
Jimin moved back an inch, while Jungkook remained pressed against Taehyung's back.
"Tell me, Jimin, how did you manage all of this?"

The witch looked at the older vampire for a second, then back to his roommate, who refused to lift his gaze from his thighs.

"I... after Yoongi basically suppressed your memories, it fell upon me to keep it that way. So i had to..." his voice started shaking, "keep giving you herbs to keep your memories locked away."
Taehyung took a deep breath, "and since I'm a vampire, I'm assuming I need blood. How did I survive without it?"
Jimin winced at the tone his roommate used, he never heard him sound so... so out of it. He was always polite, grounded. Never so scary.

"The food I cooked... I blended the blood in there..." This time Taehyung's eyes shot up, looking straight at Jimin. He could swear he saw them flash silver for a mere second.

"You-" The young vampire shot up, "Not only you drugged me with your herbs, you also fed me blood?! For years?!"

He laughed, a laugh so dry it made all the hair on Jungkook's and Jimin's body to stand tall.
"Oh I know," he run his hand through his hair, "I know that you tried to protect me and you had morally correct reasons to do what you did to me," he turned around to look at Jimin, his roommate, someone he called his soulmate, and he could feel both of their hearts breaking, "but I can't seem to quiet accept nor understand why. Why you couldn't just talk to me instead, Jimin. If only..." he shook his head and made his way to his room, leaving the older vampire and the witch alone in the living room.

He took a duffel bag under his bed, throwing in a few clothes. He sent a few emails to his work place letting them know he won't be coming in for a few days. With the duffel bag on his shoulder, he made his way back to the living room.

"If only you could be honest with me... and you know why your..." he gulped, "your betrayal hurts so much more now? Because we are actually, really, family. You lied to me. You hid who I am from me. You made me lose myself."

Jimin's eyes were full of tears, but he refused to let them fall. He opened his mouth to say something, but Taehyung stopped him. "I love you, Jimin-ah. And it's because I love you, I'm in so much pain. And it's because I love you, I have to walk away right now. Because if I don't, the red string from my heart to yours will break."