Chapter 20: No More Loose Ends

The news Yoongi hit them with was like a wakeup call. "So they are coming for me?" Taehyung's voice was barely a whisper. He wasn't particularly scared for himself; but his heart ached in his chest thinking that something may happen to the people he cared about. Jungkook... Jimin... he didn't even want something to happen to Yoongi, since the man basically saved all of them so many times.

"No," Yoongi's jaw was clenched, "they are coming for all of you." Jungkook raised an eyebrow, "Don't you mean for all of us?" after a moment of hesitation, he added, "Right. None of those cowards would be able to piss of a creature like you." He was right, of course. Nobody would dare go against him.

"Tae, I know you probably won't like this but, we have to leave this place. That means you leaving your job." Jimin was the one suggesting this, and Taehyung knew he was right, but he loved his job. He loved the people he worked with. He got to know and love this town so much.  

"I know and you are right, of course. I just... I know now that we always change places and never stay somewhere long enough to call home, but I thought this would be it, you know." He looked around the room, his best friend in front of him, the man he loves right behind him, holding him tight, then he continued, "Although I know home is not a place, but people." He smiled to himself, leaning more to Jungkook.

Jungkook pressed a feathery kiss to his hair, "Okay, love," he slowly got up and held out a hand for Taehyung to follow. "It's time for you to go and quit."   
Jimin made a sound in agreement. "We have to handle this as quick as possible," he turned to Yoongi, "and you need to give us all the information you know," he looked small for a second, "please." He whispered.  

The man's eyes shone gold, and he took a step towards the witch. "You don't even have to ask, my pretty witch." He kissed the other's forehead, "Let these two handle the job thing first, and we will meet here afterwards."  

The vampires bid their goodbyes and left the house to go to the hospital. Jungkook's hand was placed securely around Taehyung's waist, and his aura emitted power and possession. Nobody would look at the young vampire more than it was necessary.

When they arrived at the hospital, Taehyung's friend, Bogum, run towards them and just when he was about to wrap his arms around Taehyung, Jungkook held his hands, pushing him back, and getting between him and Taehyung.

"He is a friend, my only one. Why the defense?" Taehyung reached out to the older vampire in his brain. "He is way too expressive. This is a work place." Came the answer. Taehyung rolled his eyes and greeted Bogum.   
"Hey," he cleared his throat, "How are-" Bogum looked at Jungkook and then back at Taehyung, "If you are about to ask how I am, I'm going to scream. How dare you leave me for so long, Tae?" a pout made its way to Bogum's lips, and Jungkook had to clench his fists beside him because what does he mean by leave me for so long, Tae. Who even is he, where is this audacity to demand explanation coming from?

Taehyung came out behind Jungkook, squeezing the other's bicep, a warning to behave, Jungkook knew. "Let's talk in my office for a bit, Bogum, please." Then he turned to Jungkook, leaning and giving his cheek a kiss, "I'll be right back, love." And while Jungkook was trying to understand what just happened, Taehyung left with Bogum.

The moment they entered Taehyung's office, and the door was closed, Bogum let out a shriek, "You have to tell me everything!" He had this kid-like curiosity in his eyes, and something else deep down, which made Taehyung a little confused for a second. "It's not what it looks like, Bogumie."  

His friend crossed his arms on his chest, "It looks like you took a vacation with a hot daddy." The comment made Taehyung's cheeks blush, which in turn made Bogum let out an obnoxiously loud laugh, "Is that what happened? Oh my god, now you really have to tell me!"   

Unbeknownst to Bogum, the older vampire was right around the corner of the office, and could hear everything which was the reason why Taehyung's cheeks got all rosy, he knew the other had a smug look on his face right now. 

"Actually, Bogumie, I..." he cleared his throat, sitting on his chair, "why don't you sit first? I'll explain." Bogum had a worried look on his face, "Is everything okay, Kim?" Taehyung nodded, and got a pen and paper out of his desk drawer, and started writing down his resignation letter. "I am quitting," when his friend was about to protest, he put his hand up, "It's a final decision, Bogumie. For some, personal reasons, I'm going to move away so that means I, sadly, have to quit." 

His friend was silent for a moment. His eyes locked on his hands on his lap, "You know, Taehyungie..." he began, "I know it's way too late now, considering the fact that you are so in love with the man outside, and before you try to deny, I saw the way you look at him," he looked at Taehyung, "you have the kindest soul, Kim Taehyung and the most expressive eyes I have ever seen." 

He took a shaky breath, avoiding the other's gaze again, "I was so happy when I met you here, you know. I was hesitating when I applied to this, old hospital and small town. But something about you made me want to stay, and you made me a better doctor," he shook his head, "no, a better person. And since you are leaving and I'll probably never get to let these words out I just, I want you to know that I-"

The young vampire got up and was right beside Bogum in a second, "Bogumie, I know. You don't have to say it if it's going to hurt you."   
His friend looked at him, eyes shiny with tears, "I do, you know. I do love you. And I am sorry I never took the chance to tell you this before it was too late, like it is now."   
Taehyung could feel Jungkook's worry from behind the closed door and the walls separating them, but he also trusted him, and he knew Jungkook wouldn't just barge in to punch the guy for pouring his heart out.

"You are my friend, Bogumie. And I, of course, care about you as a friend. I just want to let you know, my heart always belonged to the man outside." He got up, opening his arms, "Come, and give this old friend of yours a hug now." 

Bogum, although his heart ached, gave in and gave a tight hug to his friend. "You look alive, Tae. You always had this thing in your eyes, like a part of you was away. Now when I look at you, standing next to that person, you seem whole."

He smiled, his friend was so right. Both mentally, and physically, Taehyung was whole again. "Thank you for being one of the best colleagues I had, Bogumie." There was a knock on the door, and then Jungkook opened the door, "We need to hurry, my treasure." He was talking to Taehyung so gently, but his eyes were shooting daggers to Bogum.

"I will take the letter to the head of the hospital, and after saying my goodbyes to my colleagues and the patients, we can take our leave, my love." He wrapped his arm around Jungkook's and turned to Bogum, "Take care, Bogumie."

With that, he left his office, leaving a broken hearted Bogum behind. "What did you do to my heart, Tae..." Bogum let out a sigh, holding his head between his head, a tear escaping his eyes.