Chapter 4: Memories Of The Past

Taehyung run back inside, trying to find a nurse to let them know that something came up and he needs to go home as soon as possible. The moment he located one, he let them know, and turned back around and started to head home. Nobody would question him of course, he deserved a little rest after practically living at the hospital for a week.

He practically run back home, heart in his throat, lungs on fire... all of the information that was dumped on him, the way his body reacted to this stranger... he needed answers. He needed his best friend.

As soon as he reached home, he kept knocking until the door opened with a very confused and surprised Jimin, a towel in his hand, trying to dry up his hands. "Tae, what-" before he could get a word out, Tae threw himself on him, hugging him tight.

Jimin, although taken by surprise, welcomed the hug, dropping the towel on the ground, and hugging his soulmate with a small smile on his lips. "Tae, baby, is everything okay?" he kept stroking his back, feeling how fast his heart was beating and how fast his intakes of breaths was.

When Taehyung didn't answer, he let go of him, but held both of his hands, guiding him back inside and making him sit on the couch. Picking up the towel he left on the floor, he got a cup from the cabinet, pouring Taehyung the tea he just made. Kneeling down in front of him, he gave him the cup. When Taehyung took it without saying anything, Jimin felt relieved.

Once he made sure his roommate drunk the tea and finally can breathe properly, he finally settled down next to him. "Whatever it is, I'm here and I'm listening. Take all the time you need."

He knew how hard it can be for his bestfriend to get words out sometimes. So he just kept holding his hand and waiting for Taehyung to gather his thoughts.

After ten minutes, he finally opened his mouth. "Jimin, I need to ask you something. One more time. Because I... I just need to know, okay?" Jimin nodded, giving him all of his attention. "That night, a week ago," Taehyung saw how Jimin's breath hitched the moment he mentioned it, "are you sure that there was nobody there? That you didn't talk to anybody when you found me?"

Jimin's mind went blank, except the two eyes that were engraved to his mind, and a mouth that whispered the words "Never, Jimin. If you break your promise, I will know. You can't let him know." He shivered just remembering that voice.

He squeezed Taehyung's hand, and looked him right in the eyes. "Tae, baby, I told you, yeah? There was nobody there," he took in a long breath, "why don't ask me what you actually want to know? Maybe you are asking the wrong questions?"

Taehyung looked at his best friends for a moment. He shouldn't start doubting him just with a few words from a man he doesn't even know. But his body... Taehyung shook his head. That's a whole different story.

After contemplating whether or not he should let this topic go, he decided that Jimin, someone he knew for all of his life, should be the one he trusts, not someone he met twice under very bad circumstances.

So he hugged him once more, then pulled back, and just laid down on his thigh, making Jimin smile slightly, and start playing with his hair. "I missed you," he looked down on him, "and I was so worried because you weren't eating. You lost like 10 pounds in a week," he pouted.

Taehyung couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Look at you exaggerating," he turned to his side, "can I sleep like this for a bit? It has been a long hard week," he whispered, closing his eyes.

Jimin kept stroking his hair, letting out a small hmm indicating that he was more than okay letting his roommate fall asleep on his thigh, just like that. In a few moments, Taehyung fell asleep while he kept slowly playing with his hair, stroking his face with a nostalgic expression on his face and a tight feeling in his chest.