War Has Begun

Caesar looked down at the apes who were waiting as they looked up at their king. His wife stood next to him, holding their newborn baby, Cornelius in her arms. Blue Eyes was next to his father with Lily beside him. However, some apes that followed Koba were shocked to see that Ash had survived the fall when they saw him with Rocket and his mother Tinker.

"Apes!" Caesar shouted as he told them then news of the fore coming danger that was coming. "Humans are coming. An army. Humans want to hunt apes. Kill apes. We must fight to defend ourselves."

"No, you will listen Caesar," A low voice grunted out as he spoke.

Everyone went silent. They turned to see that it was an old ape, a chimpanzee, Khan. The old ape had greying and receding fur, some receding at the top of his head.

Khan spoke as he signed. "I follow Koba. Caesar will only lead apes to their deaths."

"How dare you!" Blue Eyes growls.

"No," Aldo spoke. "How dare you allow a human stay with the tribe!" He pointed at Lily. Blue Eyes stood in front of her, protecting Lily from the gorilla.

"She is one of us!" Blue Eyes shouted. "I will not allow you to speak of her that way!"

"She is not ape!" Aldo shouted. "She will never be ape!"

"I will not be in a tribe with a human," Tola said as he stood next to his father, Khan, along with two of his younger brothers, Bryn and Juno. Tola was a tall ape, had dark black fur, standing upright on his head and a piercing in his right ear. His piercing blue irises staring back at Lily with so much hate before shifting over towards Blue Eyes, who was staring back at him, challenging.

The second brother, Bryn, had dark fur like his brothers, dark green eyes. He had an intimidating stare almost like Caesar's that Lily couldn't tell what he was thinking before he silently looked over at her. They looked as if lost and undecided of what to do. Lily saw a female ape beside him as she grasped Bryn's wrist, holding it. She was his wife, Oaka. She was also expecting in a few weeks, definitely not suited for a fight.

The youngest brother, Juno, was tall like his brothers but looked sickly. He was unnaturally skinny for his size, had long deformed arms and legs. Lily couldn't help but pity him. He looked so weak. He was definitely picked on for his appearance. She recalled what Caesar said, apes don't follow weak apes. Juno stood nervously, as he glanced at his father and Caesar before looking back down, fidgeting with his hands. He hated loud noises, especially shouting as he heard his older brother, Tola arguing with Caesar. Every so often, Lily would catch him glancing up at her with a timid and fearful look in his eyes. An orangutan, who was called Clarence, was sitting with a few other orangutans, watching and listening to the dispute. Lily has heard Maurice talk to him from time to time. He was gentle and had a calming voice, filled with wisdom, like Maurice.

A tall gorilla, who was called Brutus, slammed his fists down, and quietly looked at Caesar with a dominating stare. Luca, another gorilla on Caesar's side, stood in front of the royal family, narrowed his eyes at the other gorilla and several others behind him, daring him to try something. Ready to fight if necessary for Caesar. Several gorillas were hooting wildly and banging on their chests harshly in agreement at Tola's words.

"The only thing a human is good for," Red said. "Is a dead human."

"Enough!" Caesar shouted his voice bellowed out almost like a roar.

He looks at the renegade apes. "If you want to go, then go," Caesar tells them. "I will not stop you." Then he turned towards the other apes who were still unsure of what to do as they waited and listened as he continued to speak. "If apes wish to fight alongside me and my family, do so. Right now, we are weak. Help others who are hurt, gather our dead. We must prepare for the fight to come." Almost all apes hooted and whooped loudly in unison to fight for Caesar. About a quarter went over to Khan wanting to support him. The renegade apes left going their separate way, with their ape followers behind them, leaving dilapidated ruins of the destroyed tower.

Caesar sighed as he watched them left before turning back to the others. Blue Eyes signed as he waited. "Father?"

"We must figure out our next plan of action." Caesar said.

"Maybe the humans will not come." Maurice signed to Caesar.

"That is wishful thinking, Maurice," Caesar replied, looking at him. "That is my wish, too. But apes cannot survive on wishes."