Encounter

Two apes were walking through the forest heading back to their home carrying freshly caught fish that they have caught in the river. An grey colored ape with white specks on his mouth and left shoulder glanced over to the ape beside him and smirked "That bear wouldn't get me, Blue eyes! I'm quick!" 

The chimpanzee had a small scar on the right side of his cheek and three huge streaks, claw marks, running across his right shoulder to his chest and slightly pushed him and replied "Shut up Ash." They paused when they heard something gasp in shock "Whoa..." 

The two creatures stared at them, one in shock, while the other in horror.  Blue eyes and Ash frozed not knowing what to do looking directly back at them. Blue eyes  (Who are these creatures? They look like us but...) then recollection flashed in his mind as he remembered. Koba had told him of dangerous creatures who hurt apes. Who experimented on them, on him. How he got his scars.

                                                               Humans....

Blue eyes glared furiously at the two of them and hissed. The man reached into his pocket and quickly pulled something out "D-Dont move!" Blue eyes and Ash backed up slightly while the other human, a female, stood in front of them, facing him, glaring at him. The man frowned "Lily! What are you doing?! Move!" The female said nothing then she raised her hands and quickly moved her fingers.

 Blue eyes and Ash realized what she was doing. Sign Language. "Carver! Put that gun away you fool!" The man known as Carver yelled "Are you crazy?! Do you not see those wild animals behind you?! They are the reason for all of this! Now move! Those things are dangerous! " Lily quickly signed back at him "I won't." 

Then it all happened in a flash, Ash took a small step forward, curious to get closer, and the gun went off, the sound echoing throughout the forest. The bullet, barely missing Lily, grazing her cheek, hitting Ash on the shoulder. Blue eyes hollered, screeched, and hooted frantically as he saw more humans running over. 

A man wearing a hat carrying a sniper rifle, a woman with her hair in a small braided ponytail, and a boy wearing a hoodie jacket carrying a knapsack around his shoulder. Carver, noticed, and yelled back at them as they got closer "Hey, over here! I shot him! Over here! I-I shot him!" Lily furiously signed at him as they approached "You idiot!"

 Malcolm looked over at the two apes and noticed the one that was injured lying on the ground unconscious "Carver, what have you done?" "One of them was going to attack Lily. I had no choice."  Lily shouted "That's not true! You trigger happy maniac!" The woman's eyes widen and she placed on her husband's shoulder "Malcolm..."

 Malcolm turned and replied "What is it Ellie?" He looked at where she was looking and his eyes also widen in shock. Lily frowned looking at the stunned group, confused, until Alex softly replied "Lil, don't turn around."

Lily realized that the group was staring directly behind her. She slowly turned around to find a horde of apes staring back angrily and some growling. An ape with a shooting star birthmark was standing on a stump, towered over the group, whom appeared to be the leader. 

Then another ape jumped down from the trees and landed near the Ash and Blue eyes pointing his spear at the group. He gently cradled Ash, supporting his right shoulder then quickly signed and hooted to the leader "They shot my son!"  Lily's eyes widen realizing that the injured ape was their son. She looked back to see the leader quickly sign back to them "Rocket, wait!" 

Then the leader turned towards the group staring directly at them with an intense stare. Malcolm finally spoke breaking the intense silence "We don't mean any harm." Carver quickly replied "What are you doing? They're apes. They're not going to understand." Malcolm answered him "Do they look like just apes to you?" then continued "Lower your weapons." 

Carver mouth dropped slightly and replied "You have got to be kidding me." Malcolm quickly retorted "Do it." Carver lowered his pistol while Malcolm his rifle and the group looked up, waiting. Then the ape let out a loud roar "GOOOO!!!" The group including lily quickly backed away stunned and shocked at what they just witnessed. Malcolm quickly replied putting his hands up "Okay we're going. We're going." then more apes began to yell "Go!"

The group scrambled and scattered as they saw some of them coming closer towards them. Lily tried to catch up with the group but a scared ape blocked her and the next thing she knew her vision went dark then she blacked out. Her body fell to the ground with a thud as a gorilla hit her on the back of her head. Koba raised his spear getting ready to bring it down until Caesar stopped him "Koba! Stop!"

 Koba huffed "She is a human! Human must die! Dangerous!" Blue eyes eyed the two apes, cautiously, then walked towards them and signed "Father,...this human. She tried protect to me. Protect Ash. Tried to tell other human to stop. Knows Sign language." Caesar stayed silent then asked "You sure?" Blue eyes looked at the unconscious human lying on the ground then finally signed back "Yes." 

Caesar looked at a giant orangutan known as Maurice, who was silently listening the entire time "Bring her for questioning." Koba growled and shook his head furiously in disagreement "Caesar-" But, Caesar quickly cut him off as he held up a hand then pointed at where the human group left "Koba follow." He grunted and huffed but obeyed his order then climbed up a tree with several apes following him swinging through the treetops. Maurice picked up the girl, more like dragging, and walked back towards the ape settlement.