Two Sides

Blue eyes and Ash returned back to the colony to see Rocket smashing the remaining guns that the human group had surrendered. Ash grunted and signed "I'm going to go help father. See you later, Blue eyes." and left. Blue eyes saw a group of apes forming and walked over to see Koba talking to Caesar. He approached cautiously to see what was going on and took a seat next to his father. 

Koba huffed, completely furious, and signed "If they get power, they'll be more dangerous. Why help them?!" Caesar calmly replied and signed "They seem desperate. If we make them go, they'll attack." The scarred ape growled and snapped "Let them." then signed "We'll destroy them while they're weak." Caesar frowned and signed "And how many apes will die?"  Koba stared in silence, and he continued "We have one chance for peace. Let them do their human work then they'll go."

Koba huffed not believing what he was hearing "Work?" then pointed to a scar on his neck "Human work." Then to a scar on his arm "Human work." and pointed to a jagged scar on his left blind eye and yelled "Human work!" 

The whole colony went completely silent staring at the bonobo as he finished. That was a huge mistake. He was questioning their leader's decision. He looked up to see Caesar towering over him, standing tall. Not backing down. Koba quickly knelt down and held up his hand "Forgive me."

 Caesar raised his hand and swiped the palm of the ape's hand. Blue eyes watched as he saw his Uncle walked away then frowned glaring at his father "Koba say...ape should hate humans." Caesar quickly cut him off and signed "Enough! From humans, Koba learned hate but nothing else."

Lily walked fiddling with a piece of her hair wishing that it was her necklace instead. She searched high and low for it but no luck. It was nowhere to be found. Then a voice called out, she looked up and saw that it was Alex with Ellie following behind. The woman threw her arms around Lily her into a big hug "Thank goodness you're alright." 

Then another voice chimed in "Hey kiddo." It was Foster and Kemp. But, someone else was behind them. Lily frowned when she saw who it was,...Carver. He was the last person she wanted to see right now. Foster nudged him making the man acknowledge her and he mumbled "Glad to see that you're back." She could tell that he didn't really mean it but smiled anyway "Likewise."  

   The group set up campsite for the night and built a campfire. Nobody spoke for awhile until Foster broke the silence "You know what the scariest thing is about them? They don't need power. Lights. Heat. Nothing. That's their advantage." Malcolm commented "That's what makes them stronger." Kemp replied "Malcolm, I've been thinking. One of us should stand guard tonight."

 Foster looked at him and laughed and replied "With what? They took our guns." Malcolm calmly stated trying to ease the tension "If they wanted us dead, we'd be dead already." Carver retorted "Maybe they're just taking their time. They already killed off half of the planet already." Ellis scoffed at him "C'mon." Carver shrugged and replied "What?" She looked at him dead in the eyes then continued "You can't honestly blame the apes."

Carver frowned and replied "Who the hell else am I suppose to blame? It was the Simian flu." Ellie interjected, interrupting him "It was a virus created by scientists in a lab--the chimps they were testing on didn't really have a say in the matter." Carver interrupted her "Oh, spare me the hippie talk. You telling me that you don't get sick to your stomach at the sight of them? Huh? Didn't you have a little girl?" Lily's eyes widen and she looked at Ellie then quickly snapped her head back towards Carver glaring at him (How dare he!?)  Malcolm shouted at him "Carver!" And he continued "How did she die?"

Malcolm getting angry by his attitude towards her "That's enough!" Carver looked at Malcolm and yelled "Or your wife for that matter." Finally, get tired of hearing anymore, Lily snapped at him "Carver...knock it off." glaring dangerously at him. 

He looked at her and scoffed "Oh you're the one to talk. How can you defend those things?! They kidnapped you!" Lily firmly signed "And who was the idiot who shot one of them to begin with?" Alex tried step in and replied "Lily, stop." Carver looked at the girl who was still glaring at him "You know it's kind of ironic how you claimed that your father was a brilliant scientist. How he took care of animals,...those things. And now he's dead. Gee, I wonder what caused that?"

 Smack! And the next thing, Carver was on the ground holding his nose keeping it from bleeding more with Lily struggling to reach him but Ellie and Alex held her back holding onto her arms. She growled and struggled even more and yelled "You can talk bad about me all you want. But don't you EVER talk about my father like that again!"

Ellie tried to calm her down "Calm down, Lily." Carver replied "Are stupid or something?! You broke my nose!" Lily shouted "Believe me! I would do a whole lot more to you!" Alex tried to calm her down "Lily! Stop!" Carver glared at her and yelled "You never belonged here! Why don't you just go back to wherever you came from!?"

 Malcolm yelled, furiously "CARVER, THAT IS ENOUGH!" Lily managed brake free out of Ellie and Alex hold and ran off. Ellie called out to her as she did "Lily! Come back!" Malcolm walked over towards her and put a hand on her shoulder "I'll go get her. You and Alex go ahead and turn in for the night."

 Lily heard someone approaching behind her and replied "Go away, Malcolm." She received no response in return then signed not looking at him "I'm NOT apologizing." He answered her "I wasn't going to make you. What he said was way out of line." Then took a seat next to her looking up at the starry sky "It's a nice night out isn't?" Lily finally looked up at him and frowned then signed "Why did you have to bring him?" 

Malcolm calmly replied "You and I know, that he's the only one with experience with dams. Just try and bear with it for a few more days. Then we can go our separate ways. Right now the only thing I care about is keeping Ellie, Alex,...and you safe." Lily sat in silence, listening, and he continued "I don't know what happened with your father or you're past. But if you're up for a talk, Me , Alex and Ellie are here to listen when you're ready." She let out a deep sigh and replied "I know." Malcolm stood up and held out a hand, Lily took it, helping her up and replied "C'mon, let's get some sleep. We're definitely going to need it for tomorrow."