So We Meet Again

"Promise me."

"I promise."

"Lily, go now!"

BANG!

"You can run and hide all you want, little girl. But I will find you."

....................

Lily eyes shot open and she shot up trying to catch her breath. She heard a low rumble of a grunt and looked up to see Maurice. He was staring intensely at something. She followed his gaze and looked down to see a comic book that Alex was reading. Lily reached over and gently shook his shoulder, waking him up. He grumbled still half asleep "What is it?" and slowly sat up while rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Lily signed "We have visitors."

Then pointed towards the huge orangutan, who was still staring at them curiously. Malcolm and Ellie had awoken from their sleep also once they heard Alex then they heard a couple of noises coming from beside them and pulled down the flap of the tent. They were met with countless of apes, waiting outside.

Malcolm looked at Lily, concerned "Are you sure that you'll be fine?"

She signed "I'm not a little girl anymore, Malcolm. I can handle myself."

He replied "If you say so. We'll be moving equipment over towards the dam. But, if you need anything-"

Lily rolled her eyes and interrupted him "Malcolm."

"Okay, see you later."

The group left with Caesar and some of his apes following behind. Lily turned towards the Orangutan and signed "Ready to go?" He moved closer towards her and made a low cooing noise, getting her attention. She looked down and noticed that the he was holding something in his hand and pointed at his hand "What you got there?"

He brought it out and held it up so she could see. Dangling in front of her was her necklace. Lily quickly took from him and signed "How did you find it?! I thought it was lost! Thank you!" He raised his hands and signed "It wasn't me who found it. It was Blue eyes." She looked behind him to see the blue eyed ape "Oh."

She felt eyes on her and looked back to see that Maurice was staring "Why are you looking at me like that?" He grunted softly and signed "You don't remember me, do you?" Lily turned her head to the side looking at the ape then shook her head "I'm sorry. I don't." He signed "That's understandable. You were really little when we met." and continued "Do you remember playing hide 'n seek with an orangutan?"

The next thing, he felt was arms wrapped around him. Lily beamed as she pulled back and signed "Maurice?! I can't believe it's you! You got BIG!"

"It's nice to see you again."