Competition

Lily walked over towards the blue eyed ape and replied "Thank you for finding my necklace." He turned around, not looking at her, and hopped on to his horse then pointed behind him "Get on." Lily stood in silence then looked down at the ground and bit the bottom of her lips. Blue eyes noticed, and signed "What's the hold up? If you don't get on. You're walking."

Lily blushed and looked up and sheepishly signed "I've never been on a horse before." Blue eyes let out an annoyed huff then held out his hand towards her. Slowly, she took it and he pulled her up. But, as she was climbing up, his horse threw backwards, nearly bucking her off. At a split second, she did the only thing that she could think of, trying not to fall off. She quickly wrapped her arms around Blue eyes.

So soft.

She leaned in closer and nuzzled her face into Blue eyes back. He jolted at the sudden touch and quickly shot her a glance. Then he heard a couple of snickering and hoots in laughter. He looked and saw Maurice and a couple of other apes, who saw the whole incident. Blue eyes let out a huff, feeling completely embarrassed, and nudge and shook his body, trying to get her off of him but she wouldn't let go.

As they arrived at the ape colony, Lily noticed that some apes were giving her looks. Some curious and cautious while others were glaring at her and afraid. She looked around taking in the colony's home. It was amazing at how advanced they were. Then she felt a nudge on her hand and looked to see that it was, Blue eyes. He frowned and signed "You're not here to sight see. C'mon." Then continued and climbed up the pathway with Lily following behind him.

As they reached the top of the tree, Lily noticed the female ape from earlier, who she gave the herbs to, Tinker. She was sitting next to the sick queen, tending to her, who lying on the moss and leaves bed. Tinker looked up when she sensed that she wasn't alone and noticed Blue eyes and Lily.

She softly hooted and signed "So you're the human that caused quite a fuss the other day." Then gestured for them to take a seat. Lily sat down next to the female ape while Blue eyes across from her, far away. Tinker looked at Lily and signed "My son, Ash, told me a lot about you." Lily replied "He did?" She replied "Yes." then looked at Blue eyes and signed "Blue eyes, have you seen your brother? He's disappeared again."

Then Lily felt a small pressure that began crawling straight up her back. She turned her head to see the very same ape that they were looking for, Cornelius. Lily smiled and replied softly "Hello." Cornelius then crawled over shoulder and slid off it, landing in her lap. She reached down picked him up. Blue eyes whole body tensed up when he saw her do it.

He glared at her (What is she doing? She better not hurt him or I'll-!) He was about to get up and stor But stopped when he saw her gently laying his brother on top of his mother. Lily turned her attention towards Cornelia then looked at Tinker and asked "So any changes?" Tinker signed and answered "Her fever's has gone down and she is wheezing less." Lily smiled, relieved to hear the good news, and replied "That's great!" She looked down at Cornelia taking in features until she heard a growl.

She looked up to Blue eyes glaring at her. He firmly signed "Whatever you are planning, I am warning you. Don't..." Lily backed up and quickly signed "I'm not doing anything. I was just admiring her. You're mother's beautiful." and continued "Why are you so angry?"

Blue eyes growled then pointed at her "You human." Lily shot him a confused look and shrugged and signed "And?" He continued and signed, still glaring "Koba says humans minds are like mazes. Never know what they're going to do." Lily frowned and signed "We aren't here to hurt anyone. We're just..." then she looked down trying to think of what to say. But the only words she came out was "We're just trying to survive."

Blue eyes huffed and rolled his eyes and looked away and signed "So you say." Lily stared at the ape with disbelief then gritted her teeth starting to get annoyed with his attitude and signed "All I'm hearing is what Koba thinks. What do YOU think?"

Blue eyes gave her a shocked look "What?", caught off guard by the question. Lily replied and signed "What does Blue eyes think of humans?" Blue eyes looked down in thought then back towards Lily and signed "I know humans are dangerous. You shot Ash." Lily replied and signed "I didn't shoot him."

Blue eyes grunted and signed "Yes, you did." Lily harshly replied and signed "No, I didn't!" Tinker, who was watching and listening the entire time, looked back and forth at the two, who were still arguing, and decided to step in. She hooted getting Lily's attention, and signed "How did you get those marks on your arm?"

Lily 's face went completely pale and replied "What?" Tinker answered and signed "My son, Ash. He said that he saw something on your arm. May I have a look?" Blue eyes looked at Lily curious (What marks?) Lily bit her lip, trying to think of an excuse (It'll only put them and every one else in danger. Apes already have enough hate as it is from humans.) then she tugged on the sleeve of her shirt and shook her head.

She was about to say no, but a hand shot out and grabbed her wrist pulling up her sleeve. Lily let out a exclaim in protest "Blue eyes!" The ape's eyes widen in shock as he stared at her arm. The scars were small but it reminded him of his and Koba's. He broke out of his thoughts as Lily yanked her arm back.

She glared dangerously at him then quickly got up and left. As she did, Blue eyes felt eyes staring at the back of his head. He turned to look and saw that it was his Aunt, Tinker. She was frowning then huffed and sternly signed "I'm disappointed in you, Blue eyes. That is no way to treat a girl." That just made him feel even worse.

As Lily walked down the pathway, still steamed, she decided to go visit Maurice. The ape had a calming aura around him, which she really needed right now. As she approached, she saw that there was another ape with him helping him teach the children.

She had dark blackish fur with a small braid on the side of her head and was wearing a necklace with a couple of small bird feathers. Maurice noticed her and signaled her to come over "Lily! This is Lake. Lake, Lily." Lily looked at the female ape and made a friendly smile and replied "Hello."

Lake was about to respond but got interrupted. An ape child, hooted and asked "Are you really a human?" Then another asked "What's your favorite flower?" Followed by another "Blue eyes and Ash said that you protect them?" Then another "Are you going to hurt us?" until Lily was completely bombarded with what seemed like millions of questions. She tried to answer them all, until an ape asked:

"Do you have a mate?"

Lily frozed where she stood and she felt her cheeks turn hot, as she blushed. She tried to answer, but all she could come out was stammer, instead. Maurice shot the children a look "telling them to be quiet." Their eyes grew wide and they did. Then Lily heard Lake made a soft gasp and she shyly glanced down. Bashfully, she signed "Hello, Blue eyes."

Lily slowly turned around to see the ape, who was also holding his baby brother. He looked like he was struggling on what to say, then finally he made up his mind and signed "I want to apologize." Lily looked at him, surprised, then replied "It's fine."

Blue eyes nodded then replied with a soft hoot and signed "I want to go check on father. Meet me at the entrance when you're done." Maurice stood up and followed "I'll come to. Lake take over for me." As the two walked away, Lily heard a soft hoot and she looked to see that it was Lake. Lake gave Lily a suspicious look then signed "What's your relationship with Blue eyes?"

Lily quickly shot her a confused look "What?" Lake frowned, giving Lily a jealous stare, then signed "Don't be coy. I saw how you were looking at him." Lily backed up and quickly replied "Really, we're just friends. If you can call it that. That's all!", trying to throw off the intense stare, that she was receiving. Lake huffed then turned around and signed "Then I shouldn't keep you. Goodbye." and continued the class. Lily turned around and started walking, not before looking back at Lake, completely confused, as to what just happend.

(What was that all about?)