Chapter 2

A/N: tried my hand at Art breeder for the first time to bring our female lead to life. I'd say it went well.

~~~

Two weeks. I think.

It had to have been, given that I was only now feeling the first effects of my blood starting to become too much for my body.

Two weeks since I'd been brought here, chained by the wrists to a metal beam in a room with four others. With nothing but a flickering lightbulb to allow us to see what was going on.

Once a day would we be brought a stale, tasteless meal, and twice we'd be brought water. Every other day came an ice-cold spray down with a hose.

The nights were mostly sleepless.

The food and drink came in bowls and were placed in such a way to where we couldn't reach them easily.

I think they did it on purpose just to watch us grovel for a basic necessity no, I know they did

For the first couple of days, I refused. I cursed the vampires before me, lunged until the chains on my wrists grew taught, and kicked the bowls to the other side of the room.

My pride caved by the third day.

I glared and snapped at the ones who would come to make sure we were all accounted for, but for food and water, I made excpetions.

I needed all the strength I could get.

This hadn't been what I expected. I don't know what I was expecting.

I didn't have time to expect much between the time I'd learned what was going to happen to me, and when it was already happening.

They were right. I didn't want to believe it, but they were right.

There truly was a place specifically for people like me. For pets with blood abnormalities.

Some halfway run-down building tucked away deep into alleys I didn't even know existed here in the city.

It made me wonder what kind of other shady deals happened on this side of the territory that not many know about.

The blood issues varied, but from what I gathered from the chatter of the vampires working here, it ranged from hemophilia, to diabetes, to whatever the hell I have going on.

There really were vampires here that sought these types of things out.

For what, or for why I didn't want to think about. My ailment made sense, but the others...

I rose my head, squinting my eyes to avert them from the annoying flickering light.

The girls here with me rarely spoke, barely raised their eyes from the ground, and carried on with each passing day like this was normal.

They had to have been born into this life and seeing it broke my heart.

I'd always known that they existed... That was the deal made centuries ago when vampires first came to power, but this was the first time I'd seen it for myself.

I suppose now I was living it.

Though I tried figuring out a way, I don't think I could formulate an escape from here.

There were too many vampires, and this part of the territory wasn't one I was too familiar with. A hunch told me the outsides of this place wouldn't be too safe either.

If I were to be bought or sold or however the hell this works, I'll most likely be taken to the castle. From there, I could work my way out.

For now, though, I filled my boredom by remembering all the others my dad had screwed over. Wondering if Cass followed through with my request for his demise.