Chapter 10

-Kira-

I did some snooping after my shower since I was still alone in these rooms. Of the bathroom at least.

Working my way up to snooping through the downfall of the Bronwyn Prince I suppose, seeing if I could find any more clues or ties that weren't hidden in those notebooks.

The only thing worth noting from my mission was a thin 'secret' drawer.

I really thought I discovered something when I found that little latch hidden under the marble that made up the surrounding area of his sink, right over where the rest of the drawers were.

Admittedly, the latch wasn't that hidden.

Just come to find out it was specifically designed to hold all of his earrings and... tongue studs I think. The drawer itself wasn't even an inch deep.

I rewarded myself for my endeavors regardless, plucking out a pair of dainty, faded yellow diamond studs and sticking them in my lobes.

I'd had the piercings for a while, but I still wanted to make sure they didn't close on me. I got them done with my mom back before my family decided to go crazy.

Yellow, especially this gentle, pretty shade, didn't fit that broody-ass vampire anyway. If anything, I'm doing him a favor by taking them from his collection and putting them to good use with someone who adores the color and looks good in it.

They were small enough that I couldn't imagine him finding them on me unless he was really looking.

Amongst my snooping, I'd also been planning. Given that my escape had been thwarted for the time being.

I may not be able to actually get out of here anytime soon, but that didn't mean I couldn't have any access to the people I was trying to get back to.

Tell him somewhat of what happened... Let him know why I've been gone so long.

And by that I mean lie. Mostly.

I obviously couldn't tell him the entire truth, I kept my dad and boyfriend separate for so many reasons, but especially one of them.

He knew enough already from the whispering of the city.

Today just made me more desperate than usual to get into contact with him.

It was... somewhat typical for me to run to him after getting injected by dad with his mystery cure or getting my blood taken. Regardless of how it got taken.

For comfort. To get away from the chaos. To enjoy the presence of someone who loved me. We'd talk, we'd have sex, then oftentimes I'd sleep over.

Now I'm starting to believe that I'd conditioned myself to expect all of that after the relief settled itself, which in itself was incredibly frustrating and wasn't easily going away.

Despite my snooping, the thought was still there.

It was nice... being in his arms for a fleeting moment before he'd take me to his bed. Then just for a bit, I could forget about things.

I guess some would call it a coping mechanism. It was the only real escape I could get from everything else, and I really did enjoy it. I loved him dearly.

I missed him more than anything.

Now that I had a moment to myself, where I was alone, not worrying about my blood, and there wasn't a vampire in the immediate vicinity, I could focus on it properly, and it was starting to hurt.

That need throughout my body, the ache in my chest and throat.

I bit the inside of my lip, hugging my arms around myself.