Chapter 5

A/N: Teehee

~~~

I was cursing myself mere seconds after I woke up.

Both over the fact that I fell asleep so quickly, and that, for a moment, I thought that I was back in my bed at home.

I'd stretched out my legs searching for another body in this bed with me as I typically did before it all came crashing back to me.

I was up in a sitting position within the blink of an eye, pushing away the blankets I didn't want to admit to myself were the most fantastic thing I've ever gotten to sleep in.

My eyes searched around the room, now with my no-longer-exhausted clarity to try to figure out if something had happened while I was asleep.

The curtains over these windows didn't let a whole lot of light in, but from what I could see, everything looked the same.

Nothing had moved from what I could tell, and the door was still shut.

A loud, borderline monstrous sound erupted from my stomach, startling me into sitting straight and crossing my arms over the cramping hunger pain.

Right... I'd kind of forgotten to eat last night after everything..

The fridge quickly overtook my focus.

I'd take it at this point, but I wanted to make sure nothing else was happening without me knowing outside of this door.

Kicking the blanket off of me completely, I hopped onto my feet.

I still moved cautiously just out of preparation and opened the door in a way to ensure that it didn't make a noise.

The light in the bathroom was off, which made me realize I didn't turn them off last night... Nor did I open his door after I was done.

It was open now though, and I tilted my head to see if I could spot him, or anything.

There was no sign of him. I couldn't hear anything either.

My smell, however, caught something that quickly had my head turning to the right, and my stomach reeling in hunger all over again.

Sitting there on the counter was a silver plate with those metal domes covering it that I thought only fancy restaurants had.

My brows furrowed the longer I looked at it, my brain immediately being both skeptical and celebratory.

It smelled delicious.

This had to be for me, right? Why else would it be sitting here like this?

I was turning to grab it within the next few seconds and casually retreated back into this room, using my foot to nudge the door shut.

My feet moved quickly towards the desk on the other side, snagging and pulling one of the curtains open before getting settled.

I didn't like how this had my back facing the door, but I'll eat fast.

I nearly groaned from pure pleasure the second I lifted the dome.

The smell of the spiced apple jam hit me first, pulling me towards the sliced of diagonally cut toast it was on.

The scent immediately pulled memories of my aunt to the surface, but I pushed it away before that thought could further fester.

There was a ceramic bowl beside that, filled with scrambled eggs, cubed potatoes, cheese, and what I think were peppers and onions.

It smelled of garlic and other spices too.

I knew that vampires had their meals cooked somewhere and brought to them, but I never thought that the food would be this good.