Chapter 31

I couldn't forget the after image of Karma who stood in the way between Retra and me in a second.

"Karma."

"Yes, Miss."

As if he didn't know I would call him, Karma had a slightly bewildered expression on his face.

"Thank you for protecting me."

"...I just followed orders."

"Thank you, though."

Had it not been for his help, I would have been caught by Retra.

I hugged Cade again. My startled heart still hasn't calmed down. I could feel it pounding hard. To calm me down, Cade gently patted my back nonstop.

I thought the situation would end like this, but Retra called out to Cade and caught up to him before he could turn around.

"Lord, please give me a second chance. I will never make that mistake again. I will pay double the toll in platinum coins!"

Flop.

Retra fell on his knees.

Earlier, he was definitely angry about fifty gold coins, saying it's too expensive. It looked like an urgent situation.

I didn't know the value of money yet, but I could tell just by looking at the buzzing around us just how big a platinum coin was.

However, Cade ignored Retra's words and turned his body.

"If you want other conditions, I will fulfill them all! Lord!"

At the end, when Retra got up and tried to approach him, he was blocked by the people of the family.

Cade was so cool.

"Irene."

"Un?"

"Say it one more time."

"What?"

After returning to our original seat, Cade, who sat down, sat me on his lap facing his front. I tilted my head.

Something I said before?

The corners of Cade's mouth rose playfully.

"It's my Daddy." (Cade)

Ah.

My face grew hotter and hotter. As my ears grew hot, I quickly covered my face with my hands.

"You said it well before, but now you're shy?"

It was because I was so mad!

Seth and Arban were looking at me, pretending to not pay attention. They seemed to be looking forward to it.

"...My Daddy."

"It didn't feel like that."

"No. I said like that."

Cade frowned as if he wasn't satisfied. Even Baon, who came after handling the situation, pretended to wipe away emotional tears.

"It's very touching, Miss Irene. I'm mightily impressed that you got rid of the Retra family in the South. I don't know how to express these emotions."

"Yes."

"When I saw you I thought something was peculiarly familiar, not to my surprise, you are quite similar to the Lord."

"I think that's an insult." (Cade)

"...I mean, the Miss was very brave. She was very cool."

Baon raised his thumb and quickly changed his attitude. Cade pulled his bloody gaze away and looked down at me.