Chapter 67

Ella was startled and shrugged. She knew very well what she had done wrong.

But.......

Why was she being blamed so much for it?

Ella felt wronged. He could only say such words because he was never in her shoes. She was abandoned on the grounds that she had mixed blood from other clans.

Does he even know how desperately she wanted to return to her hometown?

Ella bit her lip.

"...I never dreamed that Lady Estella would go like that. That was not my intention...!"

"You should watch what you say."

"Ugh!"

Ella was out of breath and gasped for it.

She was bound with a pheromone stone, so she couldn't feel anything, but she knew that Cade's pheromone was choking her breath.

Cade sat peacefully but was in a state of rage. His red eyes were deep and cold.

Ella immediately knew what made him angry. Cade didn't want Estella's name to come out of her own mouth.

Thud.

Her body fell to the floor and she could breathe again. She was barely breathing, but Cade softly opened his mouth.

"There's still a lot to be heard from that mouth."

"Haa-...Haa-..."

Ella felt even more injustice. It wasn't that she didn't feel guilty. She also regretted the past.

But it wasn't her fault that Estella died.

"I-it's not my fault that the Madam died. That's......"

"It was an accident that happened while Estella was giving birth to our heirs?"

"......Yes."

It was true that she was trying to change the heir's eggs, but Estella's death was truly tragic.

She had exhausted too much of her pheromones while giving birth to two heirs at the time.

No matter how good of a doctor came, there was no hope. But Cade didn't seem to think so, and it made Ella's heart impatient.

As much as she became impatient, the fear that she might not be able to get out alive came flooding in.

"T-the Madam obviously died giving birth to the masters... I-if not for that, how could I change the eggs in the basket?"

Ella started making excuses that she could think of. Durias could not threaten her without permission, but Cade on the other side.

If he changes his mind, everything was over.

When Ella gave a plausible excuse, Cade showed interest.

"Certainly. If Estella were alive, she wouldn't let you do that."

"That's right. If the Madam was still alive, how could I have dared to touch the basket...!"

Unable to finish her words, Ella, who was blown into the wall by Cade's pheromone, coughed harshly.

"Cough! Cough!"

Ella's eyes widened in shock and looked at Cade with a bewildered look.

"The doctor said."

"...Wh-what..."

"She sent her last pheromone out of her just before she died."

"Th-that.... That... That's what the Madam..."