Chapter 83

I could tell who the woman was without even asking.

She hadn't taken her eyes off me from the moment I stepped inside. Her pale eyes were shaking slightly.

I stopped walking and looked at her.

"Let's go in."

"Mm."

Cade gently guided me by hand. I turned my head and stepped inside.

Each clan sat facing each other at a long round table.

The ones on the left belonged to the Loisar family, and the ones on the right belonged to the Astrophel family.

I glanced sideways at the other side.

Then I met the eyes of a man with dark brown hair who was sitting in the middle.

That person must be the head of the Loisar family. Sitting on either side of him were rows of Loisar, including a red-haired man and a silver-haired woman.

When I naturally took a step to the right, they took notice in an exaggerated way.

"You came with the Lord, Miss Irene."

"Um, because I asked to come."

"Is that so? As expected, you are attached to the Lord's side as usual."

.....Why are you like this all of a sudden?

I looked at Baon with a puzzled expression. Then he smiled brightly.

"Why do you look at me like that? What's the problem?"

You really don't know what's wrong? Am I the only one feeling strange right now?

As I stood still, Durias, who was also present at the negotiations, clicked his tongue.

"Do as usual, Mr. Baon. The Lady is embarrassed."

Deftly rolling the quill between his fingers, he suddenly set it down and rose to his feet.

"There seems to be a shortage of seats, so I, a subordinate, will give up my seat, my Lady."

......Why the hell is Durias doing now?

I faltered and backed away.

At first, I thought he was criticizing Baon, but it turned out that the two of them were in cahoots.

I hurriedly tugged Cade's arm.

"I-I'm going to sit down with Daddy."

"Ah. Would you like to?"

"Yes."

"Then it shall be so."

I quickly climbed onto Cade's lap and sat down. I don't know what those two are thinking.

When I looked up from my lap seat, I could see the people of the Loisar Clan with bitter expressions on their faces.

Were those two aiming for this? Trying to make their opponents stressed?

It was a realistic possibility.

"Looks like everyone who was supposed to come is here."

The man with dark brown hair, who was drinking tea, said softly and his dark golden eyes slowly reached me. In an instant, I was clinging close to Cade's arms because I felt an unknown tingling through my skin.

The expressionless man's lips rose slightly.

"I am pleased to meet you, Irene. I'm Gray Loisar."

"......Hello. I'm Irene Astrophel."