Chapter 62

A person named Estella was the hostess of the family.

I didn't feel the emptiness of her place because I thought Cade was enough.

Of course, there must have been a hostess in this house as well. So... she was Cade's wife and the mother who gave birth to Seth and Arban.

No one mentioned her in front of me, so I just assumed she wasn't here.

I asked after shutting my wide-open mouth.

"...Then where is she now?"

"Ah."

In an instant, Messi's complexion turned dark.

"Madam is dead."

".....Why?"

"Because she died while giving birth to the masters. It's rare, but it's not uncommon."

"I see. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry. It's something you should know, too."

Messi didn't seem to care much, but I didn't feel good. I decided not to ask any more questions about Estella.

But one question arose.

Why was the Loisard family allowed to visit when she was mentioned? What's the connection between me and Estella, who died before I was even born?

She wanted to ask Cade directly, but now that I know who she is, I don't have the courage to ask easily.

I stepped onto the ground and looked at the lawn, Messi called me.

"Well, miss."

"Huh?"

"...By any chance, now that you found out who Lady Estella was... you're not curious, are you?"

"Uh?"

What is he talking about now?

I blinked slowly.

I didn't really understand what he wanted to hear when he asked such a question. Messi was waiting for my answer with a very tense look on his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean?"

"So, I mean... maybe the young lady's mother is..."

Messi, who had restlessly stuttered his words, sighed and shut his mouth, and then I could feel him paying attention to my mood.

Why are you doing this?

"Why did you stop? You have to tell me until the end."

"No. I was wrong. Let's just skip this one."

"What it is?"

"No, nothing."

Messi hurriedly waved his hands.

Watching his back disappear as if running away, I tilted my head.

What were you trying to say?

I didn't realize the intent of his question even after he went far into the distance and disappeared completely.

* * *

In fact, there was a reason for Messi's question.

The tired heart of the Black Mambas, that only Irene didn't know, caused it. Everyone was feeling anxious about the visit of the Loisard family.

The cause......

'What if the lady meets a member of the Loisard family and wants to go East?'