Chapter 72

The parlor was filled only with silence.

Why is no one reacting? When the situation I feared the most became real, I wanted to burst into tears.

I'm sure Rosaria said they'd happily greet me.

I was wiggling and rolling my eyes waiting for any reaction, and I encountered red eyes.

It was Ian.

He was looking at me without saying anything.

I-I'm scared.

I remembered that he was staring at me from earlier, so I looked for Cade without realizing it.

"Da-Daddy."

"Yes. Come here if you're done saying hello."

"Hn."

I sat close to Cade but the two people sitting across from us still showed no reaction.

How long has it been?

Helena, who slowly blinked, muttered in disbelief.

"Oh my God, such a creature is my granddaughter... It's so..."

So?

I waited for Helena to say her next word. She took a deep breath and grabbed my hand.

"You're so lovely, Irene."

"Th-thank you."

"Would you like to come to my house with me?"

What?

I looked at her in embarrassment. There was no sign of her letting my hand go.

Helena meant it. I thought Ian would object by now, saying something like, 'Don't talk nonsense.'

Strangely, he said nothing. It was an implicit agreement.

I looked at the hand that was clasped in embarrassment. I wanted to be here with everyone.

At that moment, Cade snorted as he pulled out my hand that had been caught.

"Where are you going to take her without my permission?"

"Irene might want to come and look around, right?"

"You mean in that quiet place?"

"You never know. There are so many things to see, right?"

Helena looked at Ian as if asking for consent.

Seems like there is also a quiet area in the south. I thought that such a place would be rare because this area is such a developed place.

It seemed that the two were living at the southern tip of the territory.

I can't believe they came all the way to the capital from that far away. I was a little curious. Even in the same South, are the parts are a little different?

"Is it fun there?" (Irene)

"Of course!" (Helena)

"...What's interesting about such a place?" (Cade)

Cade started his nitpicking.

It was an overreaction compared to the usual behavior. My senses tingled. There's something at the southern end.

"Still, once famous beasts from the continent often move to live there."

"......"

"You don't have to study their biography. If you have any questions, you can come and ask them directly."