Chapter 44

Hm? He ran away to not attend class, so why is that a good thing?

Arban took a deep breath, probably surprised by the sudden compliment. He seemed confused.

"For how long can you hide against Kasana?"

"...I can't hide for very long."

"It seems like you've become pretty good at hiding your presence."

"......"

"If you keep ditching classes, Irene will overtake you, Arban."

"Who's going to get caught by a little bean like that kid?"

Arban had a spicy mouth. Still, his expression subtly hardened perhaps because he was bothered by the words "catching up to you".

It was not difficult to understand what he had imagined, because soon after Cade said so, his grimacing face could not be straightened out.

"Did you imagine me catching up to you, brother?"

"No. Don't even dream about it, little baby."

"Hunf. I'm not a little baby. I mean, I grew this much."

I spread my thumb and index finger apart. They said that children grow day by day, and I was really getting bigger every day.

It wasn't that obvious, though.

Arban, who stared blankly at the gap of about 2 centimeters, smirked.

"That doesn't mean you've grown up."

"I bought new shoes too!"

"Oh, is that so?"

Arban shrugged his shoulders and finished the grape tart he was eating. I inflated my cheeks and cried.

"I'll grow up fast after eating a lot!"

"Don't overdo it when you can't even eat much."

"Huh?"

"Well, even if you do, it doesn't seem like you'll grow very much."

Seth smiled brightly. He couldn't help but say mean things like that.

With a fork, I cut a large cake filled with cream and put it in my mouth. Eating sweet food seemed to make me feel a little better.

Cade, who had been interested in us noisily bickering around, suddenly turned his gaze to me.

"Irene, how have you been?"

"Huh?"

"You're the only one who didn't speak."

This time, as before, all eyes were on me. I folded my fingers one by one, it would take a long time to talk about it because there are so many.

"It's okay if it takes a long time, so tell me."

"Hm. I went to the swing, I studied new things... And I also met people who escort me."

"Escort? ...Ah. Are you referring to the man who appeared at the banquet then?"

Seth asked, and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I met Karma. He said there were more, but I haven't seen them all yet."

"I see. He must be very anxious if he was already showing himself like that."

Cade laughed in an understandable tone.

"I also met Messi and Fayman."

"Huh? Those two, too?"

"Yes. I wrote a letter to cheer them up while they write their apology letters."