Chapter 41

Miss Irene. It's time to wake up."

Wiggle. Wiggle.

When I fall asleep to take a nap, I always wake up in a daze.

I wiggled into the blanket wanting to sleep a little longer and heard Rosaria's voice whispering in my ear.

"You have to get up. It's already past five."

"Hmm."

"The Lord said that today, everyone should have dinner together."

Blink.

We're all going to have dinner together?

I sprang to my feet. It has been ages since we had a family meal. Sticking my head out of the blanket, I looked at Rosaria.

"Family dinner?"

"Yes. You have to get up and get ready to go, right?"

"Yes, I'm up. I'll be the first to arrive."

"I'll tidy up your hair first."

"Yes."

Ha-am.

I yawned loudly because I was not fully awake yet. I had a lot of fun in the garden today.

Sitting on the bed, I waited for Rosaria to fix my hair. I could feel her hand gently brushing it down. While I was fiddling with my side hair, I suddenly thought I wanted to have braids today.

"Rodaria. Can I have braids now?"

(Note: She's talking about length hair)

"Okay. Shall I braid it?"

"Yes."

Rosaria started braiding it down, and a yellow ribbon was tied at the end of my tightly braided hair.

"What do you think? Do you like it?"

"Woah, pretty!"

I didn't feel uncomfortable with my long braids tied on both sides. After all preparations were done, I left the room to go to the dining hall.

"I'll be the first."

"If you go now, Miss Irene will arrive early."

"Really?"

Everyone was busy, so there was a high chance that they would come on time.

I turned the corner of the hallway to go to the stairs that went to another floor. At that moment, I ran into Seth that was coming down from the floor above.

Seth looked a little surprised, as he didn't know he would run into me.

"Irene?"

"Brother? Where are you going?"

"I was on my way to the dining hall."

Already? This fast? It was a very unexpected situation.

Seth, who had stopped in his tracks, said as he went down the rest of the steps.

"You braided your hair, Irene."

"Rodaria did it for me. Isn't it pretty?"

I held my long, braided hair with both hands and showed it. Seth, who quietly looked down at my head, walked by my side.

"Brother Seth, didn't you miss me?"

"Who knows."

"Heh. I wanted to see everyone very much, so I came out first."

"I see."

But why did Seth come out so quickly? Did he leave early because he had something to see before going to the dining hall?