Chapter 55

"Hello, Miss Irene! I heard the news."

In Hestia's hand was a basket adorned with flowers and had many little chocolates inside.

"Congratulations on your shapeshifting. You're so amazing.... but why do you look so down?"

"Miss Irene doesn't seem to like it."

"......Really?"

Hestia looked at me with eyes that couldn't understand.

"She's sad that she was not able to completely succeed in one try."

"Ah! That's what happened. It's rare to succeed right away."

"...Rare?"

But both Seth and Arban were able to do it in one try.

Hestia tilted her head.

"The Young masters were successful in a much more mature state, so they should be marked as exceptions. When they are that big, if you have trouble controlling pheromones, the problem gets worst. Black mambas grow in the blink of an eye so it's also difficult if we miss the right timing."

"...Is that so? Then it's not that I'm slow?"

"Miss Irene is on the fast side. Your pheromones just started to stabilize, right? Everyone is talking about it..."

"Miss Irene is shy. She said she wanted to be successful in a cool way."

Rosaria explained in my instead and I nodded my head making a positive.

However, it was comforting to hear that it was rare to succeed immediately. But I didn't know it was also dangerous to miss the time because they grow so fast.

"I think the young lady wants to grow up quickly. I think the head will be sad, right?"

Hestia said, familiarly sitting on the sofa.

"I know."

Rosalia agreed and came over to serve tea infused with tea leaves.

"I heard you went on a business trip, Hestia."

"Oh, that's right. I went with Sir Durias."

With Durias? I thought he went alone but seems like they went together.

"What did you go out for?"

"Hmm... just an outside mission."

Hestia smiled softly and muffled her words evasively. She looked uncomfortable because it was difficult to answer.

I walked towards the sofa where they were sitting. Then, enough chocolates to fill up both hands were laid out on the table.

"Do you like my present?"

"Yes. I'm feeling better now. Thank you, Hestia."

"You're welcome. By the way, I really liked the paw prints... but the tail is also a favorite."

Gulp. What?

I hid my tail. Hestia's eyes were twinkling.

The tail! The tail is in danger!

As I hid behind Rosaria, Hestia averted her gaze with regret. She sat down and chatted for quite some time. Then she looked at her watch and got up from her seat.

"I'm afraid it's time to go. I have work to do."

"You can come again, Hestia."

"Then I won't hesitate to come back again. Miss Irene, see you next time."