chapter 1

Edit- I read this book. And God! The first few chapters are so unprofessional and made me cringe. I mean, the rest are not professional either, but they are better. The first 5-6 chaps' writing is literally boring. But, I eventually got better. So, I assure you please read further and you will be interested.
THIS BOOK IS A SLOW BURN!

Hairah

Aug 2022, Texas

I force myself to open my eyes. I can't believe I snoozed my alarm again! The  digital clock that was placed on the bedside table showed that it is 6:08 am.

I quickly get up from the bed. I can't waste any more time because I'm already out of it. Opening the blinds, I look at the vast texas city. Vehicles speed up on the smooth road. People are hurrying to work just like me. And the sky that's blanketing everything under her is concealed with clouds.

I can't believe it, It's been 6 months since I came here to Texas.

How fast time flies!

I enter my bathroom to freshen up. I didn't do my bed. I am too lazy to do stuff like that! Do not judge me, I do have cleanliness and I clean my house, not in the morning though.

I have already got up and prayed tahajjud and fajr earlier. I am too tired not to sleep after, so yeah, after praying and reciting some Quran, I slept again, but only for 30 mins! Can you believe that? It's only six in the morning, yet I am late today!

Well, today is special as I'm going to be appreciated for my work! There's a function today, 'Performance appraisal for new employees', and thankfully, I am one of them.

After freshening up, I make myself breakfast; mashed potatoes, and bread and butter with coffee, of course.

I sit on the stool behind the kitchen counter, not before placing the food and my laptop on the counter. When satisfied, I Skype call my parents, this is the only time I can call them and speak peacefully, well not so peacefully. I have to hurry my conversation before I get late. Do you know that I AM 10 HRS AND 30 MINS BEHIND FROM MY PARENTS' PLACE?
It is already evening in there!

I put a spoon full of mashed potato in my mouth. They are connecting..."Assalam Alaikum, Ayra!" My parents greeted me through the monitor. My heart becomes calm upon seeing them. "Wa Alaikum Assalam. Baba and ummi." I say, and we go on. I have already told them about today's event. So now they wish me luck.

When I am done talking and eating, I change into my most professional suit. A baby blue loose pants, white shirt, and baby blue jacket which covers my body well, without revealing my shape or any other parts you know what I mean...

I am strict about my dressing, and I always try to follow Islamic rules about dressing too.

I usually don't put on any makeup, but today I am going to. I'm freaking going to be on the stage, so... I put on my nude shade lipstick along with compact powder, and that's it.

I unplug my phone from the charger and put it in my bag. At last, I took my baby blue hijab, which I bought for the dress. Yes, fortunately, I got the exact color. I carefully put on my hijab and took the car keys and left for the job.

-----

3rd person pov

"Can I go home? Or at least leave the auditorium? I am tired of sitting here and watching the employees receive awards for their performance." The woman asked annoyingly to her friend.

"Come on, Ihsan. Do you remember how excited you were when you received your award?" The friend asks instead of answering. Ihsan rolls her eyes before replying, "That was two and a half years back! Zaina."

"Yes, now we are seniors! Isn't it cool?" Again, Ihsan rolls her eyes. The woman was super bored listening to the random names calling out and employees coming on the stage to receive their appraisals.

And then one name caught the bored woman's attention, "Hairah Azeez from India." Ihsan screws her eyes onto the stage. A Muslim from India? The woman's eyes widen when she sees the owner of the name. Did she cover her body and hair well? Hairah receives the award and exits the stage into the crowd.

"Zaina!" Ihsan calls aloud. "What is it, woman?" The other woman asks a little worried.

"I found another one! I need your help! Get me details of that girl, Hairah Azeez!" Ihsan demands.

"And how am I supposed to do that?"

"Oh, come on, you are in the HR department. You can find that much." Ihsan says with a grin.

Sighing, Zaina questions, "What happened to the last girl?"

Ihsan's expression changes a bit, "She doesn't know how to behave with Ali. She just gets annoyed when Ali starts getting stubborn. He is just a child!" She protested.

---

"Assalam Alaikum." Zaina greeted Ihsan, who was patiently waiting for her in the cafeteria. Realizing her wait has finally come to an over, Ihsan grinned.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam, finally! Now tell me fast!" Ihsan exclaims.

Settling down, Zaina began, "Don't freak out....Hairah Azeez, financial analyst, 24 years old...Unmarried." she trailed off. The other woman's face was deep in curiosity.

"What is it? Zaina, come on...!" It was fine, 24 years, a financial analyst, and unmarried. It was more than fine.

"She is an Indian. I saw her C.V." Zaina was deliberately building a curious atmosphere.

"Okay, and?"

Zaina looked a little apologetic, making her friend lose hope. "SHE IS FROM KERALA!!!"

Ihsan's eyes widen, and her mouth falls. She couldn't believe her ears. "Hairah is from Kerala? Tell me the truth. Don't play with me!"

"Even I couldn't believe it. But that's the truth! She is from Kerala." Her friend assures.

Allah!! "It can't be a coincidence, right? An unmarried Muslim girl from Kerala works here? I have to meet her. Please can you arrange a meeting too? Please?"

Ihsan has searched for so many girls for her divorced brother, and she did find some, but no one was a match. It was really hard to find a Muslim girl who is from Kerala doing a job here. But this time, without searching, without putting in any effort, she found a girl.

Zaina grinned, "I have already done."

_________________________________________

Hey! Chapter 1 is for you.

Vote, comment, and share + follow
(I know you won't do these, but still, I'm hoping)

The next update will be here soon. Bye!