chapter 18

I can't believe, this book got 1k+ reads. Thank you so much! Votes are really low compared to the reads but I am grateful to those who vote for my chapters and for being loyal readers!

Please don't be silent readers and vote and comment. I am not getting any comments but seeing the notification about getting the vote. I am content!

Lastly, do you mind giving me a follow? ;)

___

Ibrahim. (Flashback)
Jan 2020 Texas.

It was Sunday today. I didn't have work and I was in the mood for an outing. But Wafa was not feeling well.

I put on the TV, sitting on the couch. I am bored to hell. Nothing on the tv too. Maybe animal planet can help.

I was so engrossed in the tv when I heard a scream, "No... " it was Wafa. I immediately ran toward the room. Panting and worried.

She was in the bathroom. The door was not locked still I knocked on it and waited patiently. Trying my best to calm my shivering body. Did something happen? "Wafa?"

I hear the knob twisting and the door opened, revealing a pale Wafa. She looked into my eyes.

"What is it, Wafa? Why did you scream?" I ask her as I inspect her body for any clues.

She shook her head and handed me something.

A pregnant test strip.

My heart thudded.

I focused on it.

It showed a positive.

"I am pregnant, Ibrahim. You are going to be a father." She said. My vision blurred and hundreds of thousands of emotions came rushing into me.

"I- am I becoming a father?" I can barely take my words through my vocals. I looked into her eyes from the strip. She nodded.

The next I did was engulf her in a gentle yet emotional hug. I couldn't be happier.

My lord blessed me to have a child. I feel whole. It feels like ice on my scorching body. It felt heavenly.

The urge to see the little body of my child suffocated me. I want to hug my child.

Will it be a he or she? No matter. It's mine and Wafa's that's what matters.
---
The next day I took her to the doctor. They did some checkups and approved the child's health. She was two months pregnant.

I called my parents yesterday and they arrived at my home today morning from Ihsan's. They were all over the moon.

We did some shopping for the things that can keep Wafa healthy.
-------
"I am leaving, okay?" Wafa said from the living room. She was going to a party. I had tried to stop her from going. It's been a week since we found out about the pregnancy.

I wanted to take her out and spent some quality time with her. Giving her all she wants.

It's not like I am resisting her from going to the party but I am just worried about our child and the possible party chaos.

She was angry at me and said she will go, no matter what.

"Okay, call me when you reach." I also insisted I drop her. But she wants to drive there alone.
-
It's late and Wafa hadn't come home yet. I called her, she said she was on the way.
The change in Wafa has decreased a bit since the pregnancy. But I am still worried about her.