chapter 16

Ibrahim.

Right after I got inside the car, my phone rang. I put it in the car speaker, "Assalam Alaikum, Ihsan."

"Wa Alaikum Assalam. Where are you?" Her tone is a little different. Like she is having short breath.

"On the way to your house," I say while taking a turn.

"How long?" What's with her and her questions?

"5min more?" It's more than 5mins if the traffic is heavy. It seems like the traffic is going to be thick.

"Good. Hurry up." I notice the background sound and it seems like she is out on the street.

"Are you out?"

"Uh, yup! Hanging up, bye."

I blink my eyes to absorb what happened. There is definitely something. I know Ihsan and she is acting off. Shaking my head, I drive with my focus on the road. Only on the road.

After ringing the bell, I wait for the door to open. I get slightly confused as Sajid bai opens the door. Why is he early? He isn't back home until 7 p.m. "how come you are here early?"

He laughs and shrugs his shoulder, "you'll know soon. Ihsan is waiting for you." His face is plastered with a grin.

Creasing my brows and taking my shoes off, I walk further into the apartment. That's when I notice the delicious aroma of food. The cushions of the couch have also changed into a navy blue one matching the silver-white couches.

I raise my eyebrows, and I give a questioning look at Sajid, turning my head at him.

"Oh! You are finally here!" I turn my head again as I heard Ihsan. She is coming from her room with an apron on. She takes a brown shopping bag and hands me, "change into these. Come on." She pushes me to the guest room, where I usually stay.

"Okay, but what's happening?" I ask getting out of her hold. Is someone coming?

"Ugh! Hairah's family is coming! Let's talk after you get fresh." My eyes widen and I feel like a stone, Without being able to move. "Come on! This is why I wasn't telling you! Go change if you don't want them to see you in your suits." Saying so, she pushes my numb body to the guest room and closes the door behind me.

Is she for real? I mean, this is an extreme shock! I need to prepare myself!

Ya Allah!

I pull myself together. I don't have time. I have to freshen up and pray maghrib as it is already time for the adhan.

I strive to not think about what's going to happen tonight. Getting fresh and praying is my priority. If I think, I will slack a great time.

After having a bath, I take the clothes out of the shopping bag. I still don't know what the clothes are. Examining the clothes, it's a black button-down shirt and grey pants. I put it on and perform wudu.

I am seriously struggling with the thought of meeting them. I am gonna get Ihsan hard this time. Keeping my thoughts away to stand in front t of my lord, I spread the prayer mat.
-
"Ihsaan!!" I shriek. She has to give me a proper explanation.

"Wow! You look great in that outfit!" She says but I ignore it and focus on the main topic. She is still staring me up and down.

"Care to explain?" I cross my arms on my chest and give her a scowling face.

She grins sheepishly, "Uhm... They reached here, so we invited them over tonight!" She comes closer and adjusts my collar.

"And you didn't think of asking me?"