Chapter 1

Art must be an expression of love, or it is nothing.

- Marc Chagall

Rosenna's POV

" Rose, I brought you your coffee.. " My assistant, Kira, whispered at the door of my office, and I nodded thankfully as I finished up the call I was on.

" Not a problem.. just let me know what time works for you, and we'll schedule a consultation.. " I spoke into the phone, and the person bid me goodbye. Kira stood at the end of my desk and crossed her arms.

" Are you trying to secretly replace me? " She asked, narrowing her eyes. I shook my head as I held the cup in both hands and spoke before taking a sip.

" Not at all. I'm openly trying to replace you, Kira. " I replied, and she scoffed as she shook her head and took a seat on one of the chairs across from my desk.

" How did it go? " She asked seriously, and I sighed.

" Fine, I guess. I'm still trying to find a few more well-known artists who would be interested in selling to make a profit. The amateurs and newbies haven't been bringing in a lot of income in the last month or so.. " I muttered, and she nodded. Owning three museums isn't hard.

The income is steady for the most part, and our auctions, exposés, and events often keep me very busy and Kira very agitated when things are not perfect.. which is what I was also looking for as well but making Kira do all of my excessive preparation allowed me some piece of mind.

Being 27, owning three properties, being happily married, and being successful had its perks.. but when you're in debt almost $4 million, it makes you wonder if your choices were well thought out..

She stood up and nodded as she grabbed some of the files on my desk and the unopened mail.

" Don't worry, Rose... Everything will work itself out. And by the way, Gavin is on the line waiting. " My eyes widened, and I glared at her as I picked up the phone and began dialing him in.

" Why didn't you tell me!? " I whispered-yelled, and she thought about it for a moment.

" Because.. I had to get you coffee, you were on an important call, he's a dick.. do you want me to go on? " She asked, and I shooed her away as Gavin spoke into the phone.

" Rosenna. " Hearing his voice, I inhaled deeply before speaking.

" Hi, Gavin.. sorry I was on an important call.. " He didn't say anything for a moment and soon continued.

" What time will you be home? I wanted us to have dinner around seven." He asked, and by that tone, I knew he wasn't truly asking.

I smiled softly as I spoke. " I'll be home before seven.. "