Chapter 22

Lust's passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes.

- Marquis de Sade

Rosenna's POV

Grabbing a few extra glasses from the kitchen, I made my way to the patio to help Gavin set up for his game night

Grabbing a few extra glasses from the kitchen, I made my way to the patio to help Gavin set up for his game night. His buddies would show up in less than half an hour, and I began feeling anxious as time passed. He'd invited Beckham a couple of weeks ago, and I was silently praying he wouldn't show. His getting closer to Gavin was nothing more of a ploy to get closer to me..

I was starting to lose control, and he knew that. Ever since that night, I've tried my ultimate best to ignore him, but he wasn't having any of it. I needed to be careful. To tread lightly around Beckham and his tactics that could literally send me to my knees.. after all, it truly was getting harder to say no to him.

" Rosenna, can you grab the guests from the front door? " Gavin asked as he looked through his messages while simultaneously trying to fix his speaker. " I need to finish up a bit here, and some of the guys texted saying they were here. "

" No problem, be back in a sec. " I said as I walked inside the house and toward the front door. Upon opening it, I was met with about four men from Gavin's clique. Brent, my loanshark essentially, was amongst the group and simply gave me a smile and a short side hug.

" Rosenna, thanks for having us. " He spoke, and I gave him a small pat on the back. It felt a bit odd to hug the man who coerced me into getting an excessive loan, but I remained polite nonetheless.

" Hi, Brent, welcome, guys. Gav is just setting up in the back on the patio for tonight's game night. " I greeted, and they each stepped in as one of them handed me a glass of wine for the evening. I decided to keep the door ajar, just in case any other guests decided to show, and I made my way over to the kitchen.

I placed the bottle of wine on the kitchen island and grabbed a large bowl to put together the last-minute snacks for the afternoon before dinner. Pouring the chips into the bowl, I jumped as I felt a hand on the small of my back, and I looked up to see Beckham.. gazing down at me.