Chapter 20

Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.

- Lady Sovereign

Beckham's POV

Walking Gavin out the front door, he finished laughing at the joke I'd told him previously. " I'm telling you, Beckham, the guys at the firm are going to love you. Clear your schedule. We're setting the date for sometime next week. "

" Gav.. you already know you have me convinced. I'll be there. " I chuckled, and he nodded before pausing slightly.

" Let me know if I cross the line, but you have to tell me, are you genuinely involved with Jessica? I mean, I can tell when a woman begs for attention, and it seemed like the interactions you had were somewhat one-sided today. " He asked, and I tilted my head. One-sided relationships.. I guess he'd be the one to know about those.

" In her mind, the feelings are mutual, but I don't know. I don't think we're all too compatible, to be completely honest. " I shrugged, and he sighed.

" I know the feeling. " He shook his head, and I had half a mind to pin the fucker to the ground, but I decided against it. Of course, he and Rosenna weren't compatible. She was sweet, determined, intelligent, assertive, delicate.. words could barely describe the kind of woman she was.. And from my perspective, Gavin was, for lack of better words, a dick.

" Oh, that reminds me, " He spoke, and I watched as he pulled out a business card. " Would you mind doing me a favor and giving this to her for me? She had a few questions about our travel schedules and services, and I forgot to give it to her. "

Looking down at the card, my mind processed our interaction for a moment. There could be two reasons as to why he would give this to her. The first reason, combined with his nonchalant method of finding out if we were indeed together, was his first step to getting closer to her. Giving her a business card was the next step. Travel schedules and services... Much like he could tell she was after me, I could tell he was subtly trying to pursue her.

The second reason could have been that he simply wanted to gain another client, and it was purely business-related matters that they would discuss and conduct. But from the way he glanced at her a few times throughout our interactions earlier, I could tell his intentions weren't pure.. I guess we were much the same then.

If I were a good person, I would question his intentions to gain contact with Jessica. I would ask why he didn't give her a business card in the presence of his wife. I would ask him if Rosenna felt comfortable with him sharing this info with another woman who was also giving him lustful and desire-filled stares. But I wasn't a good person.

And because I'm a 'guy's guy'.. I correctly responded with- " I wouldn't mind at all. I'm sure she'll be glad you left this for her. " He gave me a small pat on the shoulder as a silent thanks and looked at his watch to check the time.