Chapter 9

You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees.

- Grace Willows

Rosenna's POV

As I curled my hair for Vincent's dinner tonight, I watched Gavin in the mirror as he was busy choosing which tie to wear

As I curled my hair for Vincent's dinner tonight, I watched Gavin in the mirror as he was busy choosing which tie to wear. When I told him Vincent had invited the both of us to his dinner, he didn't seem all that pleased, which I expected from Gavin. I learned to live with it rather than oppose it, and that's made our marriage a bit better to bear with. He expressed how much he didn't want to go, so I was confused as to why he was making such a big deal over what to wear. As for me, I had decided upon a black floor-length dress with spaghetti straps and a high slit.

" How long are we planning on staying? " He asked, and I bit my lip as I pulled on my earrings after I'd fluffed my hair.

" Depends.. Vincent said he had some people he wanted Kira and me to meet, so.. " I began, and he seemingly ignored me as he walked into his closet. It was like I couldn't get it right. I thought he'd be happy. Happy about the connections I've made, the progress, and the potential I have to bring in new clients and business.. But he was angrier at the idea.. Slipping on my black strap heels, I looked at myself in the mirror as I felt beautiful.. and alluring, almost seductive but still a bit innocent. I didn't mean to give off the vibe, but I simply looked it.

Gavin walked out of the bathroom and headed straight for the door.. I wasn't exactly waiting for a compliment.. but one would have been nice to have from my husband every once in a while.. It was almost as if he wouldn't notice me at times.. And sometimes, I wanted him to, even if it was the little things.

When you do your own hair, you tend to curl your ends, and you make it neater..

Let me show you what it means when a man fucking cherishes you.

A woman like you... deserves to be understood, cherished, adored.. worshipped.

His words rang in my head, and I blushed heavily as I tried to push him out of my head. Beckham.. was dangerous. He was conniving, dominant, seductive.. everything about his nature screamed danger in the face of a woman trying to hold her marriage together.