Chapter 18

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. 

 - Mark Twain

Rosenna's POV

Rosenna's POV

A few days had gone by, and life had gone back to normal.. Well, as normal as it could have been. Gavin was still gushing over Beckham, and half the time, I simply tuned him out. Additionally, Beckham had ghosted me. After getting angry at him in my office, he stopped texting and calling.

Kira had received an email from Vincent's assistant, and I assumed it was the confirmation that Beckham had indeed pulled out of the contract; however, it was simply to gather dates for advertising his exposé. It made me wonder whether or not he actually pulled out or if he was planning to.

Today was Vincent's Billionaire Brunch, and unfortunately, my normal life was about to come to an end. Sitting in front of my vanity, I finished curling my hair as I placed a cute flower clip in...A flower.. Ironic... No... No. Not everything is about Beckham. My world doesn't revolve around him. He just thinks it does. My subconscious thought it did, too, as I found myself wearing an off-the-shoulder, above-the-knee, light blue, ruffle-fitted dress with pink flowers. 

I thought about changing several times, however- " You look beautiful, honey

I thought about changing several times, however- " You look beautiful, honey. " Gavin said, coming over and placing a small kiss on my head before he stepped out of the room.

-I decided not to. He complimented me. It's been a while since I heard a genuine compliment from him, and he just said it.. I almost had to do a double-take. I wondered what exactly had gotten into him, but I knew exactly what or rather who it was. My only question is why he was all of a sudden being so affectionate. Was it something Beckham said? Did he mention anything?

Slipping on a pair of light pink open-toed, strapped heels. I fluffed my bouncy, wavy curls before grabbing my clutch and walking toward the door.

" Let's get a move on, Rose. We don't want to be late. " Gavin said at the bottom of the steps, and I descended them as quickly as I could. How did I get the invitation, and he's more excited to go than I am? Probably to talk to his new best friend.. We exited the house, and he opened the front door for me to sit.