Chapter 4

Obsession is beautiful. It's what makes art.

- Joss Whedon

Rosenna's POV

Rosenna's POV

Walking into my office, I thanked Kira with a blowing kiss as she placed a few contracts on my desk and handed me my morning coffee

" Yes, of course.. Thank you for considering us. I look forward to hearing from you soon. " I said into the phone and ended it as I took a seat and had a sip of coffee. All morning, I've been visiting my other two locations, and Kira wasn't able to tag along, unfortunately, because we were running just a bit behind.

With trying to get clients and artists to use the museum for events, we had tons of meetings and phone calls over the past week, and today was Monday. The day we hear back from Mr. Garcia's associates on their decision.. I felt like biting my nails, but I couldn't. I had just gotten them done and didn't want them to go to waste.

Sitting at my desk, I went over the contracts one by one and that was the next three hours for me. Around 2 PM, Kira walked into my office, and by the look on her face, I could tell something was wrong.

" Kira, what's wrong? " I asked, and she sighed.

" I'm sorry, Rose.. I really tried to get them to say yes.. " She said sadly, and I immediately knew exactly what she was talking about.

" They said no.. " I stated, placing the contract down and she spoke again.

" I'm sorry, Rose. " She said, and I shook my head.

" Kira.. you did everything you could have and went above and beyond. We.. we can find something else. " I said, not even believing my own words, and she bit her lip as she looked like she had something else to say.

" And don't be mad.. but.. all of his associates, even Vincent himself, were in favor, but... ultimately Beckham had the final decision. " She whispered, and I clenched my hands into fists. Had the man focused on anything.. anything but me, he would see how much potential this place has and how he could gain so much profit and exposure.. I felt defeated. However, Kira was still bouncing up and down as if she had something else to say.