Chapter 8

Sometimes, I find myself making love to my own misfortune. 

- Norma O. Abrego

Rosenna's POV

Rosenna's POV

After finishing at the hair salon, I made my way back to the office. Kira had scheduled two much-needed appointments that I desperately required to get my mind off of things. I did a simple pink/nude color on my finger and toenails and got my hair done to be bone straight. Arriving at the museum, Kira stepped away from Mr. Garcia's associates and whispered as she walked past me.

" He's waiting in your office. " She muttered, and I walked over to the men chatting as they drank some refreshments. The meeting was to begin in only 10 minutes, yet Kira kept them company for the time as they had arrived a bit early. She returned after a moment with some files, and I walked over to tackle the human incubus. Going into my office, he looked over at me as he sat in the chair in the corner.

" Rosenna.. " He spoke, and I crossed my arms.

" Beckham. I can't do this. You need to leave and go to the conference room. We have a meeting to attend to.. " He only hummed as he gave me a sensual head-to-toe glance. Doing my best to ignore what it did to me, I listened as he responded.

" You got your hair done.. your nails too.. " He noticed, and I sighed as he stood up and approached me slowly.

" When you do your own hair, you tend to curl your ends, and you make it neater.. " He remarked, and I shook my head as I looked at his genuinely inquisitive and curious eyes.

" You are literally insane. " I whispered as the man looked at me as if I was a piece of art he was trying to understand.. or rather admire.. But what did I expect? He had literal pictures and a painting of me in his studio, which he was able to access at any time.

" You owe me a portrait. " He stated, and my eyes widened.

" Beckham. You cannot possibly believe that after what happened, I would go back to your studio, " I whispered in a panic, and he tilted his head as he leaned in slightly.

" What happened between us? " He asked curiously, feigning some sort of innocence to the situation as if he hadn't released his feral side on me yesterday. I idiotically went to say it when I bit my tongue. He's playing dumb.

" Beckham. You need to stop. "

" What happened between us, flower? " He repeated as if he wanted me to admit to it, and I sighed. It was pointless. This man was pining after me. A married woman of all things. It made absolutely no sense. And if I didn't admit to what had been done, he would continue covering it up as if it was nothing and he was innocent.

" Rose, Mr. Garcia, we're waiting for you two in the other room. " Kira spoke by the door, and I stepped away from him. I need to get a grip.

As I walked to the conference room, I felt his hand on the small of my back as he leaned over and inhaled. As much as I wanted to hate it, it did something to me. Everything about him essentially.. just knowing a man wants to smell you, breathe you in.. it did something to me.. badly.