Chapter 2

The greatest lie ever told about love is that it sets you free.

- Zadie Smith

Rosenna's POV

Rosenna's POV

Walking upstairs to the exhibit, I watched as Kira ran around in a panic, trying to sort everything out

Walking upstairs to the exhibit, I watched as Kira ran around in a panic, trying to sort everything out. I didn't bother her because this was her time to be panic-perfect. She claimed she worked better in this way, and I didn't want to bother her. Dressed in a beige long-sleeved knit top, khaki leather pants, and a pair of white heels, I felt physically ready for the meeting but not mentally prepared. Looking over at me, Kira's eyes widened as she approached me.

" No. Now is not the time to have self-doubt. Now is the time to put on a show and sell this place like your life depends on it. "

" What if it doesn't go well, Kira? " I asked nervously as Gavin's words got in my head, and she raised her hand and slowly clenched it in a fist.

" Rose. Please. You can do this. We were just fine yesterday. I swear to God, if you let Gavin get into your head about not being good enough, I will lock you in my trunk and take you home. Do you understand? Gosh, I'm so stressed my threats don't even seem to be performing at their optimal level.. Get it together, boss. " She said sternly, and I nodded, coming to my senses as I put my purse in my office on the floor and continued helping her with the final touches.

She fixed herself up as they arrived and quickly went down to retrieve them. Fixing my hair in my office, I stepped out with a smile as a group of men ascended the steps.

" This is our main area for exhibits and exposés. We provide amenities for all occasions and events and allow our artists to customize anything they choose... And here we have our director, Rosenna Hart. Rosenna, these are just a few of the marketing, advertising, and personal assistants of Mr. Garcia. As well as his son, Beckham. " She presented, and I introduced myself to the 8 or 9 assistants as politely as I could.. however, I felt a heavy, dark gaze on me. As I introduced myself to one of his marketing assistants, I noticed a man.. his eyes lingering on me. He was captivating.. alluring.. dangerous..