04

Seonghwa's pov

  The next morning, I awoke still feeling numb and exhausted despite having Jay stay with me for the night.

   I laid under them and slowly carded my fingers through their long purple hair to try to ground myself again with the advice Maria told me.

  What are five things you can see?
  Jay, my blankets, my bedroom door, my phone, my hands
  What are four things you can feel?
Jay's hair, my blanket, my pillows, our breathing
  What are three things you can hear?
Jay's snoring, the birds outside of my window, the soft music Jay turned on sometime in the night
What are two things you can smell?
The candles I burned, Jay's floral shampoo
What is one thing you can taste?
The water from my bedside table

  Jay soon awoke and looked up at me, their brown eyes still half shut.

  "Good morning, Hwa," they said, the remnants of sleep slurring their words a bit.

  "Good morning, snoring beauty," I responded. This earned me a tired smile from my best friend.

  "I'm glad to hear you can still insult me," they yawned. I smiled weakly back.

  "I need to get you a heavier weighted blanket, don't I?" Jay asked, "this combo of me and a ten pound blanket don't seem to be enough anymore."

  "I can-"

  "You know you don't have to do this alone, Seonghwa, especially not now that you've met your matches. Until you get comfortable enough with one of them to lay like this, I'll continue to and get you a heavier blanket. What color do you want this time?"

  "Sage green, please,"

  "I have to use the bathroom real quick, okay? I'll be back," Jay said as they stood up and stretched a bit.

  "You should stretch some, too, Hwa. Your back might be a bit sore again from laying still under my weight."

  I begrudgingly stood up beside my bed and did a few of the stretches they told me to do after last time.

  I finished my stretches by the time Jay came back. Jay had a small smile on their lips as they came to hug me.

  "Honey and Lavender or Eucalyptus and Mint?" Jay asked, hinting that they were running a bath for me.

  "Eucalyptus and Mint, please," I said. They nodded and left back to the bathroom while I grabbed a giant hoodie, some sweat pants, and a pair of underwear.

  I walked into the bathroom with my clothes in my arms and sat them on the sink. Before Jay left, I pulled them into a hug and laid my head on their shoulder. They felt my tears soak into their t shirt but couldn't care less as they hugged me tighter.

  "Thank you, Jay. I know I'm mean to you a lot by calling you names, but I don't mean anything bad by it. I love you," I cried softly into their shoulder.

  "I know you don't mean anything bad, Seonghwa. I love you, too." Jay patted my back gently and kissed my head before we separated from the hug.

  "I loaded one of your audio books on my laptop, okay? Hit play before you get in,"

  "Thank you,"

  Jay left the bathroom and shut the door behind themself.

  I hesitantly began to remove my clothes from yesterday then looked at my back in the mirror. I smiled softly seeing two out of seven names on my back.