14

Seonghwa's pov

  "Jay, could you please come with me to KQ Entertainment on the fourteenth this month?" I asked my sibling on a night we decided to spend together.

  "Sure, what for?" They questioned.

  "I need you to lawyer up for me," I smiled softly.

  "You're gonna try to debut?"

  "Yeah, they want me in the group, so-"

"Ateez wants you to debut with them?!" Jay exclaimed, cutting me off. I smiled softly and nodded.

"Yeah, they do. They already adore me, Jay. I don't know why I was so worried before," I said, glancing down at my lap and smiling again.

  "I'm glad they do, Hwa. I'll go with you, and we'll see about that contract," Jay said. I nodded, before remembering something.

  "Jay, could you also come with me to open my parents' lockbox? I think they may have hid a sister from me," I said. Their eyes widened, but they nodded regardless.

  We paused the movie and walked into my room. I opened my closet and picked up the black fireproof lockbox, then placed it on my bed.

"What makes you think they hid something like a sibling from you?" Jay questioned softly.

  "It sounds crazy to say aloud, but the day when Hongjoong stayed over, she posted a video about it and it went viral. Her name is Park So Min, and she's two years older than us. She- Jay, she looks almost identical to my mom," I explained.

  "Well, let's find out, shall we?" Jay smiled reassuringly and handed me the small key from my nightstand. I exhaled and unlocked it.

  I found some significant things from my youth, like my original birth certificate, my first outfit my parents brought me home in, and my first baby photos.

  Digging through it all, and finding my parents' wedding certificate, which brought a smile to my face, I soon found a second birth certificate.

  "Jay-"

  "Hwa-"

  "Oh my god, she was telling the truth..." I muttered, seeing the prior mentioned name on the paper in my hands. There was even a small pink ribbon in the packet with the certificate.

  "How do I go about talking to her?" I asked quietly, still staring down at the paper and hair ribbon.

  "Did she tell you how to contact her?" Jay asked. I nodded and pulled out my phone, going to the Instagram account Somin mentioned.

  "Somin mentioned an instagram account in the video; I guess I'll send a direct message."

Direct message: Minnie_Prk96
Hi, this is Park Seonghwa. I saw your video, and wanted to reach out to you.

Is there anything you'd like to talk about? Anything you'd like to ask?

   If you can tell me when Hwami's real birthday was, then I'll give you my number or we can meet up, whatever you would be more comfortable with.

Hwami was born on 9-27-1968

   "Jay, Somin knows when mom was actually born. Is she actually my sister?" I asked, looking towards my adoptive sibling.

  Their parents and mine were close, so when I'd lost my mom, they were able to adopt me easily. I was close to aging out of the system anyway, so they allowed Jay's parents to adopt me.

"She may be, Hwa. See when she'd like to meet you," Jay said. I nodded and looked back down at my phone.

You're right. Which would you like to do, a call or face to face?

Could we meet face to face?

Yeah
  Together, Somin and I set up a date and time to meet up. I also gave her my number so we didn't have to solely use Instagram to communicate.

  "Have you texted your soulmates any?" Jay asked, laying down on my bed. I shook my head.

  "Today was supposed to be our day; I'm sorry," I apologized, laying down beside them. Jay smiled and shook their head.

  "I'm glad you're finding people who'll care about you, too, Hwa. I'll always be here for you, remember?"

  I smiled softly and said similar back.

  A while of laying and watching movies together later, we heard knocks on the front door.

"I've got the door," I said, looking at the time and seeing it was past eight at night.

  Opening it up, a woman was stood with flowers, and two men were stood with delivery food from their different places.

  "Park Seonghwa?" The woman asked.

  "Yes?" I asked quietly.

  "These are sent to you from your soulmates." She smiled and handed me the flowers and a card, then walked away.

  "This was also pre paid for." The first man spoke up.

  "Jay, come here," I exclaimed behind myself. Jay came walking towards me and gaped at the large arrangement in my hands.

  "Okay, that's adorable

  "Okay, that's adorable. I'll go put them in some water," Jay said, gently taking the flowers and card from me.

  "Thank you for delivering the food," I thanked the men, who helped me sit it all down on the table in the living room.

  "No problem," the second man said. The pair left, then I shut the door behind them.

  Jay sat the vase of purple and pink flowers down on the table and smiled at them.

  "Your soulmates are sweet, Hwa."

  "How do I thank them? Do it back?" I asked. Jay grinned and laughed.

  "You could, or you could do something individually for them all," Jay said. I nodded and sat down on the couch.

  "I guess we should go ahead and eat before it all gets cold," I said. Jay nodded and began opening containers and eating.