25

Seonghwa's pov

  Together, Mingi, Yunho and I spent the week until Friday learning Fireworks. I had it down pretty well by Wednesday, meaning I could work more closely on the details for Thursday entirely.

  "I'm nervous, what if I mess up really badly? I can't make it in if I mess up even one of the three categories!" I exclaimed, looking at my soulmates.

"You're gonna do amazing, Hwa. We saw how you did Sunday, and if you kept improving from there, then there's no way you'll mess up!" San said, smiling widely and cupping my cheeks. He gently rubbed our noses together then kissed my lips.

"I adore you," San said, then backed up. The camera man was capturing us with a small smile, giving a thumbs up to say we were at an okay level of affection.

Jongho came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, laying his head on my shoulder. He kissed my cheek sweetly, "You'll do well. I believe in you, love."

  All of my soulmates told me words of encouragement and gave me sweet kisses on my face or hands before letting me enter the practice room alone. They wouldn't be allowed inside while I was evaluated by staff and professional choreographers.

Alone, I performed before the room full of critics who'd decide this bit of my potential career.

As I received remarks, another male around my age entered the room, dressed in sweats and a tank top. He had a bag draped over his shoulder that he dropped to the ground by the door.

"You've passed the dance portion, Seonghwa, however, if Hangyul also passes, then you two will have to, kinda, "duel" for the 8th position in Ateez."

"I'm sorry?" I asked quietly. The choreographer repeated herself, making me understand it.

"Good luck," I said, being friendly to Hangyul, who simply glanced down at my hand awaiting to shake his, then he scoffed at it and walked off. I stared into the nearest camera, then left the practice room in search of my soulmates.

  I found them sat in hongjoong's studio, talking amongst themselves. I walked in with a small smile and nodded.

  "I passed! There's another guy trying to get my spot in your group, though!" I whined, dropping myself onto the carpet and laying my head on Mingi's knee.

  "What do you mean?" Mingi asked, gently running his fingers through my slightly sweaty hair.

  "This Hangyul guy is trying to debut instead of me! And KQ is allowing it!"

  "This is awful.. I'm sorry, love," Jongho said, gently rubbing my knee. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'll just have to do my best; I want to debut with you," I said, speaking determinedly.

"That's the spirit, Hwa!" Yeosang said, holding my hand. I smiled and gave his hand a soft squeeze.

"Can we go home now?" I asked, looking at my soulmates. They all nodded, but Jongho pulled me to my feet and pecked my lips.

"Get dressed when we're home, lovely. I want to take you out," Jongho said, speaking a little shyly despite both of us knowing we love each other.

"Ooh, okay. How nicely?" I asked. Jongho smiled shyly and laced our fingers together.

"Suit and tie..?" He mumbled. My eyes widened as I looked towards my youngest soulmate.

"Where are you taking me, Mister Choi?" I asked teasingly.

"To a nice restaurant, then afterwards we can go and be overdressed somewhere we shouldn't be," Jongho said, laughing softly. I grinned at him and nodded.