4. {Hell bound}

Some minutes after Jace left, I started to prepare for the party with a newly found confidence. He lifted up my spirit and I wasn't going to give up on leaving here after all. I decided to use the party time to think about how to write and what to write in my letter of appeal back to the university.

When Jade came into my room, I was working on my hair and there was still a small smile on my face. But it was only natural that Jade's presence took away the smile on my face. My eyes wandered around her body, the gown perfectly laying out her curves just in the way she liked it.

"Don't embarrass me in front of my friends," she mentioned as she stared at my hair and the towel on my body. I shook my head and disregarded her comment as I continued with my hair.

She carefully walked towards my bed in her pointy heels as she fingered the gown that mother picked out for me. "It's a shame mother thinks you'll look good in this," she commented with a look of disgust on her face.

"Can you just not?" I asked her as my shoulder fell, her words starting to distract my confidence.

"Whatever, just wear a baggy shirt or something like you do and come out for the picture Mother told us to take," she hissed and walked out of my room.

I hated it.

As I looked at the perfect braids I made on my brown hair, I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't look so bad, right? The anger from the nonsense Jade spewed made me go to my closet and pick out the exact same dress that she wore.

I eyed it closely and then wore it anyways. That was the one thing I didn't tell you, I had a bad side myself. I just didn't let it out often.

Once I was done, I got into a pair of black canvas as I took my phone and walked out of the room. My legs shook slightly while I walked down the stairs, the anxiety from the smell of trouble I was looking for making me tense up.

"You didn't dare," I could hear Jade's furious voice as she angrily stared at my dress. She stomped over to me and poked me in my shoulder. "You did this intentionally, right?"

I didn't know what to tell her. I wanted to comeback at her for shaming me or for all of those taunting comments she threw at me every time but it just wouldn't come. It just wasn't my type of person.

"I'll kill you," she growled as she swayed off angrily.

I ignored it and walked through the not-so-small-gathering-but-an-actual-freaking-party to our kitchen. I headed to the counter not knowing what to do. It was outside school and I had no one to actually talk to. I waved at some of my classmates from the laboratory sessions as they called my name.

Once I got to the counter, I sat down and took out my phone to stare at the mail again. One of Jade's friends came to me and she sat down on the stool across me.

"Wow, June. You work this dress even better than Jade," Lisa commented with a small smile.

"I'm not stupid Lisa, I know Jade sent you." I replied her switching off my phone to prevent someone else from seeing my rejection mail.

"No, of course not. I just kind of complimented you as you walked past us and then she told me to fuck off," she admitted.

"Well you should know better than to hurt Jade's ego," I responded to her.

"Anyways, since I got kicked out of the group, wanna be partners tonight?" She asked me.

I eyed her suspiciously, I could feel the carefreeness oozing through her demeanour so I accepted her offer because I had nothing to lose.

Five shots later, I could feel my body dropping, I wanted to go to bed and sleep until the next morning.

"Is it just me, or that guy has been looking at you?" Lisa asked me as she gestured towards some guy leaning on the wall of the kitchen, pressing on the screen of his phone.

"No. People don't look at me that way Lisa, trust me." I assured her as I took another shot taking a short glance at the guy she was talking about. It was one of Jace's friends, I had seen him with Jace one or two times.

When he casually looked again, I wondered for a little while why he was actually stealing glances at me.

The alcohol in my system was a strange feeling because other than the time I accidentally drank one, I hadn't touched it ever since. But tonight, I just wanted to let out like mother said but I think I drank to stupor.

"Attention everyone," I heard someone clapping their hands to gather everyone's attention, and when I looked up, it was Jade. I turned to where she stood to hear her talk as my body just wasn't in the right state of mind.

"You know how this party was called because of my sister, June who's leaving for college," she started. "Well, to start with, that was just an excuse to let our parents allow us to party." she announced.

I shook my head carelessly as I muttered to Lisa in a drunken state, "no shit, Sherlock."

"Well, the irony is that she's not even getting into the university. She got rejected," she blurted out with the spite evident through her tone. Everyone turned to me and I cowered at the attention I was getting.

"Next time, June, do not step on my nerves. I can only take in so much and-" I watched as Jace dragged her away from stage from humiliating me further.

This was what she meant when she talked about killing me.

I stood up from the stool as the tears pricked my eyeball. My blood was boiling as I started to make my way for the stairs.

I knew this stupid party was going to be a disaster.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

💨March 12th
xx

FINDING Juneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें