9. {Square one}

A week had passed since I got back home.

I hadn't said a word to Jade ever since, my parents haven't been talking to me, the whole house was totally dead and that was my fault.

"Jace, can you drop me at Ella's when you're going out?" Jade asked and I watched him nod to her.

Once I finished the first round of my food, I started to put another set in my plate.

"Don't you think that's too much?" My mother raised a brow as she looked at me.

No, there was still space in my stomach.

"No, I didn't eat well yesterday night," I lied as I continued to put more on my plate.

"Yet you finished more food than Jace can stomach yesterday," I heard Jade mumble under her breath.

"Can you not bug me with your existence?" I sniffled and glared at her as I continued with my food.

"June, that's a harsh thing to say to your sister," my mother cautioned and I nodded to her.

Of course.

••••

I managed to sneak in more food into my room that morning without anyone noticing. I packed more junk from the fridge knowing that it wouldn't be easy eating to my satisfaction without anyone asking me questions.

I hadn't seen any changes.

Why was I not changing? I could only feel my stomach about to explode one second, Then I'll run to the restroom the second second and then everything is gone. That was the sequence.

It was the first time I switched on my phone since then. I didn't know what people said to other people  they ghosted for an entire week so I couldn't reply Lisa, yet.

A knock came on my door and I wondered who it could be. I wasn't scared because I checked the door and window just some seconds ago and I knew it was locked.

I opened the door to find Jace.

"Hi," he greeted me.

I nodded and tried to smile back at him. We still had issues we disagreed on but it seemed we agreed to put those behind and move on with life.

"You know how I said I had a friend in college who could help you with that application? He's here" Jace informed me.

I didn't care about college anymore, but he didn't know. But if this was his way of caring about me, I didn't want to push him away like he said I always did.

"Okay, I'm coming," I nodded my head and put on my jacket before following him out.

I munched on from a packet of chips that I took with me as we walked down the stairs. And my legs froze at the sight of who was in front of me. How could he come back to this house? How could he dare sit on the couch and put a smile on his face like nothing happened?

Like nothing happened?

"This is Oliver, June" Jace introduced to me.

"Nice to meet you, June" That person spoke with a smile as he held out his hands for a shake.

My body stiffened as I looked back at Jace who still had a smile on his face and then turned back to face the doom reaching out to me. Jace seemed to understand as he led me to sit down on the couch without taking that hand.

"So Jace tells me the school didn't accept you?" He started and I could swear that a smirk flashed across his face for a second and of course, Jace didn't see that. "That happened to me too, want me to show you the mail I wrote them back?"