23. {Move on?}

•Jesse's POV

My eyes were heavy as I stared at the same page of book I had been on for the last 45 minutes. Reading gets really annoying when you can't concentrate on one thing at a time, it was raining here in Massachusetts and all I could think about was everything that had happened.

June discarded me, like I was only a piece of toy that she kept until she didn't need it anymore.

I picked up my phone, scrolled through my messages and found June's contact details, no texts, no calls. I needed her to give me something back, anything. Even if she felt like she didn't need me anymore, I just wanted to be sure she was doing fine.

My friends came into the apartment and settled themselves down. Kevin walked to my fridge and took out a bottle of water as he stared at me.

"Thinking about the mysterious lady who broke you again?" Arden asked me as he laid on my bed.

"Shut up," I hissed and turned away from him, back to my book.

"It's raining, I can tell why Jesse is like this again," Victoria chipped in.

"Vic, you're supposed to be on my side. Don't play with these guys. They have no idea what it feels like," I countered her and she hauled herself off the bed and came to me.

"Just choose someone else to dance with in the rain? That works, doesn't it?" She asked me again.

I honestly didn't even have the right words for her statement. As she noticed my indifference, she came towards me and continued.

"Well, it's clear that this girl doesn't need you again, don't you think it's time to move on?" She patted my head as she talked.

"Can you guys just leave me alone, you should go to Sid's party or something," I prompted them.

"Yes, we should all go. There's free caviar," Kevin encouraged me as he put the bottle in the bin.

"Who cares about caviar? Leave me out of it." I blurted out.

"You are going with us, whether you like it or not," Victoria insisted.

"It's not like you're gonna bundle me out of here," I snickered and ignored her as I turned to my book, again. The mischievous grin on Victoria's face made me realize that's exactly what they were going to do.

And that was what they did.

Although Victoria's intentions were good when she told me to go to the party. She thought it was going to help me loosen up about everything. But both Kevin and Arden, they only needed someone who could watch their ass as they drank to stupor.

In fact, Kevin was already tipsy as he staggered around the room. He wasn't also doing a great job at minding his business as he felt like today was the right day to pick a fight with some group of guys.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out. I closed my eyes and opened it back to still find June's contact on the display. I couldn't believe that she called.

"Hello,"

"H-hi Jesse, it's June," I heard her speak and that was when I realized that this was real. It felt so good to hear June's voice again, I was only still confused about why she chose now to call, after all these while.

"I know, what's up?" I answered her.

As she stuttered, it was obvious that she didn't know what to tell me. If she called, she had to have something to say, right? I only listened as I hoped for her to say something.

"Arden says those guys have guns," Victoria came to me as she pointed to the group of guys that Kevin was picking a fight with.

"Shit, I kinda need to go right now, June, can I call you back?" I spoke into the receiver as we ran towards where Kevin was.

💨March 19th

Nobody asked but It was raining while I edited this chapter 😂🤌
xx