14. {B-E-D}

⚠️ This chapter contains mentions of Binge eating disorder. This is not a form of discrimination against people who suffer from it. The portrayal of this disorder can vary and may be different for other people.

••••••••

I took Jesse's hands in that rain and he took me back to Lisa's home. It felt like half the burden I carried the whole time was finally off my mind. I couldn't shake off the worry that ensued though. The thought of whether I gave my burden to the right person or not. The thought of if the people I gave my burden to were ready to share them with me.

It was afternoon of the next day. I had just finished eating so I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and started to open it when I felt someone's gaze on me.

I turned to see Jesse standing a few centimetres away as his hazel green eyes bore into mine. I could still see the pity in his eyes.

"Don't look at me that way," I told him.

"I'm sorry," he stated and with that, I downed the content of the water bottle.

"You guys! I found that lowlife," Lisa came into the kitchen, dangling her phone in her hand. "I found Oliver! He dated a friend of my friend, turned out he's an abusive asshole," she explained.

Of course.

"Know anything else about him?" Jesse asked her.

"Well, his full name is Oliver Baywhite and he has a dog named bitch," she spatted out as she scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"Where he lives?" Jesse questioned further as his nose flared.

No.

"What are you going to do with that?" I asked him, dropping the bottle in my hand.

"That bastard did bad to you. He can't get away with it?" He quirked his brows as he stared at me.

"No. Punching him a few times is not going to change anything Jesse. Please just leave him alone, maybe he'll never come back," I pleaded with him.

"But, he did it twi—"

I jerked forward and begged him, "Promise me! You won't try to find Oliver or hit him. Promise me, Jesse."

"Fine, I promise." He answered with a hiss, his nose flaring.

"All I want to do is show the world how big an asshole he is and I can't even do that," Lisa face palmed as she walked out the kitchen with her phone.

"Would you go somewhere with me?" Jesse asked me.

I was confused to hear him ask that, it felt like he was asking if I could trust him or not.

"Where?" I replied anyways.

"You'll find out." He answered me and after a second of thinking, I said yes.

••••••

We walked into the building. It was a storey building with a lot of apartments. He seemed to be nervous as we walked through the building, so I knew not to push any of my questions, yet.

The name tag on the door read,

Dr Raven Pol
M.D, PhD Bariatrics, PhD Child psychology

I immediately turned to Jesse as I shook my head in disbelief.

"You brought me to a psychologist?" I asked him, something about it didn't settle well with me.