12. {Snitch}

•Jace's POV

It had been one week, five days, fourteen hours.

I sat in front of the counter in the kitchen, my phone in my front as I hoped to miraculously receive a call that would tell me where June was. My father went to the police everyday asking for updates, my mother met with the neighbours asking them if they saw her.

I went on casual rides hoping to find her somewhere on the streets in town. She was right, it was my fault. I agreed to the party when she didn't want it, I should have told our parents sooner about the mail once I found out.

And now she was gone, and I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault.

"You're miserable when you do that, Jace. You should go see a game with the guys or something," I heard Jade's voice.

She headed towards the fridge and took out the juice. I watched as she poured some into the cup and drank from it. How could she be doing so fine?

"Can you at least pretend to care?" I asked her, as I looked up to her.

"What are you talking about?" She squinted her eyebrows like nothing was wrong.

"You know June leaving is our fault right? We shouldn't have thrown that party," I emphasized.

"You don't get it. She's attention-deprived. This is what she wants, making us worry and give her all the attention she wants," she argued with a demeaning scoff.

"How can you be so unbothered. June got assaulted and left the house, you know clearly that this isn't about attention!" I yelled at her.

"Assaulted?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I looked behind to see Mother and I could feel the dread on her facial expression as she continued, "June got assaulted?"

"N-no Mother, that's not what he wanted to say," Jade stood in my front as she tried to convince her.

With a sigh, I knew it was time that they knew so I nudged her and walked up to Mother. "That's exactly what happened, we invited the whole school to the party and someone assaulted June there."

You could see the life seep out of my Mom. She clearly was distressed from what she heard as she ended up stuttering from the difficulty in sinking the information. "W-what?"

"What were you thinking! We trusted you, you threw a party and let something bad happen to your sister," She yelled into the air, throwing her hand while she gripped her chest with the other.

"I want a name, Jace," I heard my father ask as he cast a blank stare.

That was the issue.

"We don't know who did it, she didn't tell," I responded.

"Oh my God, you should have told us sooner. My baby could be in danger," my Mother cried as she fell to her feet.

"June is fine, I'm telling you. If something was wrong, I'd know," Jade spoke as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Whoever did this is not getting away with it. I want a list of everyone who came to the party." When my father turned to face me, I could feel the rage seeping from his demeanor.

💨March 13thxx

💨March 13th
xx