18. {Take me}

They didn't find Oliver.

When the boys came back with their fury still intact as they walked into the house, that was the first thing that came to my mind. That they didn't find him.

I sat on the couch, my mother's hands still wrapped around me as I looked up to both of them. My father sat at the edge of the couch as he watched them, just like Jace, he as well, didn't know what to say to me. He just stared at me with pity and let my mother do the talking.

"That bastard ran away, he hasn't been home in weeks," Jace spat out with fury.

I started to wonder how Oliver knew to run away, what if he knew that I told them, what if he knew to come back for me?

"I can't stay here then, he'll come back to find me. I know it," I begged them as I jerked up in reflex.

"No, that's not the right thing to do, June. We're going to find that boy before he tries anything else. You're going to stay in this house where we can see you and protect you," My father replied me.

"Please, I'm safe at Jesse's place, I don't want to stay here." I begged him again.

"We don't even know who this person is. How can we leave you with him?" My father asked me.

"No. Jesse is a good person. He's helped me. Ask Jade, she was friends with Melisa. This is Melisa's brother a-and he's even brought me back here," I pleaded as I looked for more things to say.

"Look June, we're thankful to Jesse for taking care of you until now, but he's done enough. It's time to come back home." Father said again.

I turned to my mother hoping for some sort of back up, but seeing the tears in her eyes, you could tell she wasn't ready to let go of the missing daughter whom she just found. So I walked to Jesse and cried as I held his hands.

"Jesse, you have to take me with you, you have to take me." I begged him. He frowned as he stared at me helplessly, as he shook his head repeatedly.

"There's nothing I can do if they don't want to," he answered me.

I dropped his hands immediately feeling the betrayal curse through my veins. "You promised me! That you would take me back." I yelled in his face. He only slumped his shoulder and didn't say anything.

I wondered how he could do that to me.

Knowing there was no going back on my father's words, I ran upstairs to my room. I was back in this same room and I hated it. The bright colours of the posters on my wall blinded my eyes as I slid down the door to cry.

No, those shades weren't my life, blue walls weren't. After what the walls had seen go on in this same room, those colors didn't represent who I was. They  don't seem to belong on those walls.

I didn't know what to do, it was the first time I didn't think about running, running had always been the solution to my problems. But today, I was tired of running. I realized that I was at the end of the tunnel.

I couldn't run anywhere, I couldn't bother Jesse anymore. He said he was going to save me, but he didn't follow through with his promise. He had brought me back to my doom and he didn't realize it.

I heard the closing of our front door so I rushed to the window. I found Jesse in front of his car talking to my father, when his gaze found mine, he didn't break contacts. As he shook hands with my Father, he didn't break contacts. He entered his car and for a moment, I let myself think that Jesse wouldn't leave, that he'd get down that car and take me with him no matter what.

But my heart shattered as he started his car, it broke even more to watch as he drove away, without looking back.

My room door opened and I found my Mother walking into the room, so I ran to her.

"He left me, Mom" I cried as she hugged me. "How could he do that to me?" I asked her.

She only rubbed my back and snuggled in more air. "It's not his fault, June. This is the right thing to do. Home's where you can heal," she told me.

"But what about saving me? He promised to save me."

"You just don't want to see it, but this is him doing it, June," she told me again. "Now you have to promise me, you won't ever run away again," she begged me. "You can't make me go through this again."

As I stared at the tears in my mother's eyes, I nodded to what she asked. I promised her, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to hang in there.

I wasn't sure if a promise was enough.

💨March 17th
xx