17. {Home sweet home}

Three days felt like hell trying not to eat any of the side junks that I crossed path with. Jesse and I didn't talk since that day, there was nothing to talk about. Why did he dance with me in the rain when he was going to push me away like that. Why did his green eyes bore into mine like he was asking me to see what we had.

He didn't want me, he just wanted to be the one to save me. And I was hell bent on proving to him that I didn't need saving, so I started to monitor the things I ate. Like the doctor said, I took water when I felt the need to fill my stomach.

"June, I need to talk to you," Jesse's voice that morning brought me back to reality. I didn't know what to say to him, hell I even had no idea what he wanted to talk about. So I just listened,

"You've been here for about four weeks June. As much as I hate to be the one to say it. You have to go home, you have to let your family know you're safe." He explained.

I shook my head in disbelief as I watched him talk with my brows furrowed. "Can you ever just stop thinking about everyone. You talk about the horror they must be going through, can you not think about me? That I don't want to go back there?" I asked him.

"Let them just see you, know that you're fine and okay. Then you'll come back with me," he offered. "It's good to just help them relax with all the tension, do not make them lose hope in finding you. That'd devastate them." He managed to convince me.

••••••

So Jesse drove me to my house. It was the right thing to do, but it didn't feel like the good thing for me.

As he parked outside our driveway, I looked out the window to see my house without opening the door of the car. A wave of nostalgia hit me but once I remembered it was the same house Oliver knew I lived, The slight feeling of missing the house left me immediately.

I felt Jesse's hands on mine as he tried to smile, "come on."

So I opened the door and stepped out of the car. We walked onto the front porch and rang the doorbell. In slow motion, the door opened and Jace came face to face with me. He stared at me like I was a little piece of lost item that he gave up on finding. He froze, didn't have the right thing to say as he muttered unintelligible words together.

"Mother!" He yelled into the house before turning back to us. He finally seemed to notice the figure that towered behind me as his eyes finally darted away from mine.

"Who are you?" He asked him.

"I'm Jesse, June has been staying at my place," he responded.

"You took her! And you only returned her now? After all these weeks!" Jace bellowed as he pushed Jesse in the chest. "What did you do to her?" He yelled again as he punched Jesse in the face.

I ran to where he took him and pushed him off Jesse with all of my strength. What the hell was he doing?

"Get away from him, Jace!" I yelled at him and he seemed to have calmed down after my intervention. "This is the person who helped me, what the hell are you doing?"

We suddenly got distracted by the voice of someone whimpering. My mother looked devastated, she cried as she watched me before holding out her hands to me. I wasn't sure of what to do, as I slowly walked towards her.

Seeing my mother, I understood that Jesse was right, I had been selfish. I hadn't thought about my parents since I ran away from home. Not even once to the point of coming back because of them.

"My baby," she cried as she pulled me into her arms. Something about hearing my mother's voice made tears to prick my eyeball. The way she held me, gave me a different sense of protection and the tears started to stream down my face.

"I am so sorry I didn't realize it, you should have told me," she continued to rub my back.

"I didn't know what to do," I cried harder.

"Your father is going to fix it all. He's going to find whoever did this to you and make them pay," she told me.

"Please, Father can't do anything to Oliver. He'll come back to find me, and he'll harm Jace too," I panicked. Without thinking through, I panicked. Without filtering my thoughts, I panicked.

"June, which Oliver did this to you?" He asked me.

Oh, My God

"Oliver Baywhite but we don't know anything about him either," Jesse answered as he motioned to my brother.

"That motherfucker!" Jace bellowed as he rolled his fist together, finding it hard to believe. He would have turned to go away that instant if I didn't call him.

"Jace, please you can't do anything to him," I shook my head as the horror crept through me.

"No, I brought him into this house. He did that to you, I'm going to cut off his hands and make him apologize to you," his eyes glistened with tears, fury and poison.

"Jesse, please tell him. He can't do anything to him. He can't touch Oliver," I ran to Jesse and shook his body. I didn't know what Jesse was onto, but the fury in his expression was evident.

"No, he's right. That person deserves to pay," he mumbled.

"And I'm going to kill him for that," Jace turned that instant. He started to walk down the driveway and Jesse followed him saying,

"I'll give you a ride."

I fell to my feet, crying and knowing that those two were unstoppable. As they drove away from the house, I knew that was the end.

My mother helped me up and took me into the house, as we walked in with dried tears on my face, Jade walked down the stairs.

"Oh, you're back," she said, deadpan.

Of course, home sweet home.

💨March 17th
xx