20

My mother was so happy to know that Jaden and I are going to prom together, she said that we have to start preparing and that's why we were at our third shop looking for the 'perfect' dress.

As you know, I'm not a huge fan of dressing up and going to parties but prom is a big thing at our school and everyone takes it seriously and I don't wanna look bad in a room full of good looking people.

I don't wanna embarrass myself, nor embarrass Jaden

"Okay Y/n try this one" my mom said, holding out a bright red sparkly over-the-top dress "no mom that's too much" "honey it's fine prom is a huge thing" I know it's a huge thing, but it's not that huge, you know I don't like dresses, but I'm forced to so I want to find one that I like which I'LL be comfortable in"

"Alright do you at least have a color in mind" "no.." "I swear you're gonna give me a heart attack" she said, turning around, and looking for more dresses.

After half an hour, I found one dress that was at the end of the rack and picked it up, I open the zipper I do a surprise to see how pretty it is.

Immediately, I went to the dressing room and tried it on it looked beautiful. The only problem is that it's a bit huge and long for me but that's okay you can get fixed.

"Mom!" "Yea" "I think I found the one" I said, and she ran to the dressing room "Come on let me see" she said, excited.

I came out of the dressing room and she gasped "sweetheart you look beautiful" "thanks but I think it needs a bit of tightening" I said "oh don't worry we can do that" the woman that was helping us look for dresses said.

"What do you think?" I asked my mom "I think it's the one" "okay let's get your measures" she said taking out her measuring tape.

After we were done we stopped at a café, then continued looking for my shoes/heels and bag which didn't take us long.

At dinner my mom kept talking about things I could wear like jewelry, and my makeup look and the hairstyle with intimidated me a little but she was so excited and I didn't wanna say something that'll put her down.

I mean, I too was a little excited.

-

-

-

{Vote, comment, follow}

Q: what are your thoughts on prom?