Chapter 7 - Treatment

JODEE POV

I rolled out of bed this morning, very tired. Usually I'm a morning person, getting up at the early around the time of six o'clock, even on weekends. But this morning it was super hard for me to get up.

I always set an alarm for 6:20, just on the odd moment that I don't wake up naturally at six am and today that was one of the best decisions of my life.

I jumped awake in confusion the second my alarm woke me up and only after a couple minutes did I actually realize that I had not woken up on my own and instead my alarm had forced me awake. First time in years that has happened. 

Surprisingly, I didn't even go to bed late last night. Ace left my room at about 9:30 pm and I read till about 10:30 and then went to bed. I will admit it does take me a while to fall asleep almost every single night, but I find that if I'm laying in my bed trying to sleep it has the same effects on my body that real sleep does.

So, once I woke up I quickly hopped in the shower and made my bed in a rush. Then I slipped on some plain black leggings and an oversized faded red sweatshirt that I'm pretty sure was Caleb's with my light blue high top converse and a bunch of bracelets and left my room.

I didn't do anything with my hair today because I wasn't feeling confident at all due to what happened with my brother and I yesterday afternoon. So I enjoyed the fact that my ringlets fell into my face and hid them. Usually I hated how unruly my hair is, but today it was my savior.  

Ace apologized which I was extremely grateful for and I did forgive him fully. But I guess some part of me is still a little reserved due to the past events. 

I made my way down the stairs, my backpack hung lazily over one of my shoulders and my hair falling into my eyes. Then I entered the kitchen. No one was in there when I got in, but there was a plate of waffles on the counter – Caleb. I knew Caleb had to have made these because I asked for them yesterday, but it was too late, so he must have been feeling nice today.

That or Ace told his best friend about what happened between the two of us so Caleb felt bad and wanted to do something nice for me or something like that.

I ate in silence for about seven minutes, the only thing I could hear was the music in my ears which at the moment was playing "Hey there Delilah" the sweat sound of the Pain White T's singing together brought me out of reality. 

Suddenly, one of my earbuds was ripped out of my ears as a blonde haired boy leaned his face in so I could see it. Darn! I was back in the real world again. 

I smiled softly at Caleb – "Hey,"

"Why do you still have this crap?" Caleb questioned, ignoring my introduction and letting my ear bud go with a look of disgust as he sat down in the chair next to me. "You know there's better ones now, without the annoying-ass wires. You should get a pair." He suggested grabbing an apple from the bowl and taking a huge bite out of it.

Caleb was super into technology. He always had the latest computer, iPhone, ear phones, all of it. He also loved telling me about all of the new features of his toys but most of the time it bored me to death. My phone was just a ten and I didn't own a pair of earbuds without wires which Caleb teased me about all the time. I didn't even know why he cared, really. 

Even Ace had the latest phone all the time, although I do suspect Caleb just gets it for him and he doesn't complain. I have to tell Caleb constantly that I don't want the newest stuff because technology and me do not mix. He only listens to me because Ace reminds Caleb that I can have whatever model I want and then proceeds to tell me that if I did want a newer one I just had to ask and he would get it for me.